Millar on Anita Marks

JTrea81

Nice to see Anita gave people like 5 sec to say what they thought about the Millar situation. :rolleyes: I think the Baltimore media is more disconnected than the national media from the fans about Millar. At least guys like Mike Greenberg and Tony Kornheiser get the fan's point of view on this one...

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see Anita gave people like 5 sec to say what they thought about the Millar situation. :rolleyes: I think the Baltimore media is more disconnected than the national media from the fans. At least guys like Mike Greenburg and Tony Kornheiser get the fan's point of view...

Probably the only thing I've agreed with you on this whole Millar thing (although I do respect your passion). It is very odd that the fans who are upset by this don't seem to be getting the time. Steve Melewski basically hung up on a guy yesterday morning. Although he did sound drunk. (The caller, not Steve)

Maybe Millar can solve the Ravens offensive woes...Nah, he'd just end up throwing interceptions on purpose, especially against New England.

I think Luis Hernandez would be a better option. He can move well in the pocket (remember he can cover the left side of the infield all by himself) and he was a rocket launcher attached to his shoulder. :D

Right now, the government mule is looking at this issue and going, "damn son, I thought I had it rough."

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I don't think I have anything else to add to this that I haven't said somewhere in the other 700 pages of Milar stuff, but I'm sure JT or somebody will ruffle my feathers and get me going again!

As for the Marks Show, to paraphrase the coach...Millar SAID what we THOUGHT he'd say! He SAID what we THOUGHT he'd say!

Nice to see Anita gave people like 5 sec to say what they thought about the Millar situation. :rolleyes: I think the Baltimore media is more disconnected than the national media from the fans about Millar. At least guys like Mike Greenberg and Tony Kornheiser get the fan's point of view on this one...

Could it be that you are the one who is disconnected?

One thing Zrebiec told me was that the Baltimore media loves Millar, so IMO they probably can't see past that bias to see exaclty why some fans feel the way they feel. Millar can do no wrong in their eyes.

Roch pointed out if Patterson went to Chicago or Payton went to Colorado that there wouldn't be as big of an issue. The main reason we were up in arms was that we had an inferiority complex and were jealous of Boston. He doesn't get it either. If Freddie Bynum made a promo for the Cubs when they were in it and then went there to throw out a pitch and announce the lineups I'd still be upset.

One thing Zrebiec told me was that the Baltimore media loved Millar, so IMO they probably can't see past that bias to see exaclty why some fans feel the way they feel. Millar can do no wrong in their eyes.

Roch pointed out if Patterson went to Chicago or Payton went to Colorado that there wouldn't be as big of an issue. The main reason we were up in arms was that we had an inferiority complex and were jealous of Boston. He doesn't get it either. If Freddie Bynum made a promo for the Cubs when they were in it and then went there to throw out a pitch and announce the lineups I'd be just as upset...

We envy their situation, how can any of us deny that we wouldn't rather be playing in the World Series than worrying about who Kevin Millar is rooting for. As for the Freddie Bynum point, I can't believe you would say that. This has everything to do with Boston, many have said that it's a division rival, how could he do that. No way you'd care as much if it were Patterson or Payton. If it was one of those guys, there would have been 2 pages on it, not 200.

One thing Zrebiec told me was that the Baltimore media loves Millar, so IMO they probably can't see past that bias to see exaclty why some fans feel the way they feel. Millar can do no wrong in their eyes.

Roch pointed out if Patterson went to Chicago or Payton went to Colorado that there wouldn't be as big of an issue. The main reason we were up in arms was that we had an inferiority complex and were jealous of Boston. He doesn't get it either. If Freddie Bynum made a promo for the Cubs when they were in it and then went there to throw out a pitch and announce the lineups I'd still be upset.

Every time I think I'm out....they pull me back in! How'd I know it was gonna be you JT? :D Seriously though, if you would get upset about our 4th or 5th outfielder, (who in all rights probably should have never made the team to begin with) doing a promo for the Cubs, who are actually the Orioles only trade partner, then there is no hope in getting you to be open minded regarding the Millar thing!

Could it be that you are the one who is disconnected?

I think he had a point. The national media was much more offended by this situation than the local media - outside WNST of course.

The local media always finds a way to give this team a pass. There is no pressure for things to get better. Fan apathy is a result of the pathetic performance of the O's organization on and off the field and is understandable. Media apathy is inexcusable.

I gotta say, I don't believe this for a second.

I don't know, I could see him posting angry posts calling Bynum a traitor and saying he should never wear an Orioles uniform again. But I agree that if it wasn't the Red Sox, a lot of other people would be significantly less upset about it.

Fan apathy is a result of the pathetic performance of the O's organization on and off the field and is understandable. Media apathy is inexcusable.

Fan apathy leads to media apathy. If there is a perception that people don't care about it, the media isn't going to give much coverage to it.

I think he had a point. The national media was much more offended by this situation than the local media - outside WNST of course.

The local media always finds a way to give this team a pass. There is no pressure for things to get better. Fan apathy is a result of the pathetic performance of the O's organization on and off the field and is understandable. Media apathy is inexcusable.

To me, the situation was not bad, so there is no need for the local media to rake Millar over the coals for it and lose a "go to" guy when the season begins. However, even if this was a major deal, if anyone thinks the sister station (1300) of the Orioles flagship station (105.7) is going to bite the hand that feeds them, then they are misinformed!

We envy their situation, how can any of us deny that we wouldn't rather be playing in the World Series than worrying about who Kevin Millar is rooting for. As for the Freddie Bynum point, I can't believe you would say that. This has everything to do with Boston, many have said that it's a division rival. No way you'd care as much if it were Patterson or Payton.

Ok I digress. I wouldn't be as upset. The division rival part is correct. I guess my point is if Aubrey Huff did the same thing for the Devil Rays if they were in the playoffs I would still be upset. But you are correct the division rival part is key.

Ok I digress. I wouldn't be as upset. The division rival part is correct. I guess my point is if Aubrey Huff did the same thing for the Devil Rays if they were in the playoffs I would still be upset. But you are correct the division rival part is key.

Fair enough...I don't think the Giants fans are going to be in an uproar when Dave Roberts does it tonight or whenever.

Archived