Millar on Anita Marks

JTrea81

Ok I digress. I wouldn't be as upset. The division rival part is correct. I guess my point is if Aubrey Huff did the same thing for the Devil Rays if they were in the playoffs I would still be upset. But you are correct the division rival part is key.

STOP right there. If the Rays make the playoffs before the Orioles, I would be upset as well. The rest of this is just us fans having something to talk about. The fact of the matter is the ONLY thing we should be worried about is the Orioles getting better and winning...and THAT was the point Millar tried to make on Anita's show this afternoon!

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me, the situation was not bad, so there is no need for the local media to rake Millar over the coals for it and lose a "go to" guy when the season begins. However, even if this was a major deal, if anyone thinks the sister station (1300) of the Orioles flagship station (105.7) is going to bite the hand that feeds them, then they are misinformed!

Well, there was enough a story for the national media to take notice...

STOP right there. If the Rays make the playoffs before the Orioles, I would be upset as well. The rest of this is just us fans having something to talk about. The fact of the matter is the ONLY thing we should be worried about is the Orioles getting better and winning...and THAT was the point Millar tried to make on Anita's show this afternoon!

Remember what Millar said, they chose Millar, Roberts, and Mueller based on the fact that those were the three involved in the game 4 comeback in the 2004 ALCS vs. Rivera. It wasn't like the Sox randomly picked Millar, they supposedly had a plan. Millar said he didn't undersatand where Pedro would have come in.

Huff, while having a history in Tampa, he doesn't really invoke memories of Devil Ray Dominance in any way.

Fan apathy leads to media apathy. If there is a perception that people don't care about it, the media isn't going to give much coverage to it.

Good point. This is definitely true, as I am sure we will all learn in Season 5 of 'The Wire' the media ain't what it's supposed to be, and that is part of the problem.

Remember what Millar said, they chose Millar, Roberts, and Mueller based on the fact that those were the three involved in the game 4 comeback in the 2004 ALCS vs. Rivera. It wasn't like the Sox randomly picked Millar, they supposedly had a plan. Millar said he didn't undersatand where Pedro would have come in.

Huff, while having a history in Tampa, he doesn't really invoke memories of Devil Ray Dominance in any way.

Yes but why would Millar say yes to help out the Red Sox with a publicity stunt, to be a glorified Rally Monkey if he really wants to be an Oriole? The only thing I can see is that they completely snowballed him. I'm really wondering about this Fox promo. He said he did it as a favor to the Fox president. What do you think would have happened to him if he said no? Also it didn't sound like he got permission from MacPhail or Angelos to do the promo, that it was a spur of the moment thing.

Nice to see Anita gave people like 5 sec to say what they thought about the Millar situation. :rolleyes: I think the Baltimore media is more disconnected than the national media from the fans about Millar. At least guys like Mike Greenberg and Tony Kornheiser get some fan's point of view on this one...

Fixed that for you. Some fans care and some don't care at all about this.

Good point. This is definitely true, as I am sure we will all learn in Season 5 of 'The Wire' the media ain't what it's supposed to be, and that is part of the problem.

We could get Chris Partlow and Snoop to "Take care" of Millar.....

Can't we just assume that nobody is going to say anything different than was already gone over in the other 8 billion posts on this topic, skip all the crying , and pretend we already had this conversation?

By adding to this thread you're equally guilty as those of us who continue to rehash the incident. Tired of reading it? Skip the thread. I'm just sayin'... ;)

Yes but why would Millar say yes to help out the Red Sox with a publicity stunt. I'm really wondering about this Fox promo. He said he did it as a favor to the Fox president. What do you think would have happened to him if he said no? Also it didn't sound like he got permission from MacPhail or Angelos to do the promo, that it was a spur of the moment thing.

Fair question, he did say he got permission to throw out the first pitch, but didn't mention the promo. Still doesn't bother me, but it does make one wonder.

Yes but why would Millar say yes to help out the Red Sox with a publicity stunt, to be a glorified Rally Monkey if he really wants to be an Oriole? The only thing I can see is that they completely snowballed him. I'm really wondering about this Fox promo. He said he did it as a favor to the Fox president. What do you think would have happened to him if he said no? Also it didn't sound like he got permission from MacPhail or Angelos to do the promo, that it was a spur of the moment thing.

Millar answered your question in today's interview. He said he is on The Best Damn...Period about 12 times per year, and that Fox has been very good to him. Thus, when Fox president asked him for a favor, he abliged! I don't see any consipracy here, but I'm sure JT has a theory????

Millar has one year left as an O. He may not have many more in MLB. He has a serious future in the media. Doing a favor for the Fox president couldn't hurt. This whole business simply elevates Kevin's future "Q" rating.

I don't know, I could see him posting angry posts calling Bynum a traitor and saying he should never wear an Orioles uniform again. But I agree that if it wasn't the Red Sox, a lot of other people would be significantly less upset about it.

He doesn't have to do anything for me to say that.

I don't know, I could see him posting angry posts calling Bynum a traitor and saying he should never wear an Orioles uniform again. But I agree that if it wasn't the Red Sox, a lot of other people would be significantly less upset about it.

I'm perfectly happy to admit that I wouldn't be as upset over this if it were a team other than the Red Sox. A player doing a 'promo' for any team other than the one they're on I still think is out of line, and as I've said before, unprecedented. But the fact that it's for a cocky division rival whose fans regularly invade our stadium, are self-righteous and rude, etc... Millar and the O's have to understand that this is a sore spot for us. Why shouldn't we be more upset than if it were some other team?

Millar has one year left as an O. He may not have many more in MLB. He has a serious future in the media. Doing a favor for the Fox president couldn't hurt. This whole business simply elevates Kevin's future "Q" rating.

So basically he sold himself out to get future media consideration. Nice to see he cares more about that then the team he currently plays for... :rolleyes:

After thinking about it for a few days, much of my anger with Millar has subsided. I still think what he did was disrespectful and unwise, but at least he sought permission from the O's. My issue is moreso with the Orioles FO people that told him OK.

"Anger" isn't the right word for my feelings towards the FO on this matter. Disappointment, exasperation and a wish that I could pick up the warehouse and shake some sense into it - all of those things are closer to the truth.

The damage is done. Words are just words. Sending Millar away wouldn't necessarily be fair since he got the green light from management, but life isn't fair either and I hope he'll be in another uniform next year.

If he's not, there are plenty of more pressing things to worry about, and it will hardly be the most blatant example of roster mis-management in recent years.

If I was in charge, he would not play another game in black 'n' orange (except for the Giants), but I'm not, and I still generally like the guy. Even our closest friends and family do STUPID things. Millar's just a ballplayer. I'm not boiling my blood over it.

Go Rockies!

Archived