Millar on Anita Marks

JTrea81

After thinking about it for a few days, much of my anger with Millar has subsided. I still think what he did was disrespectful and unwise, but at least he sought permission from the O's.

"Anger" isn't the right word for my feelings towards the FO on this matter. Disappointment, exasperation and a wish that I pick up the warehouse and shake some sense into it - all of those things are closer to the truth.

The damage is done. Words are just words. Sending Millar away wouldn't necessarily be fair since he got the green light from management, but life isn't fair either and I hope he'll be in another uniform next year.

If he's not, there are plenty of more pressing things to worry about, and it will hardly be the most blatant example of roster mis-management in recent years.

If I was in charge, he would not play another game in black 'n' orange (except for the Giants), but I'm not, and I still generally like the guy. Even our closest friends and family do STUPID things. Millar's just a ballplayer. I'm not boiling my blood over it.

Go Rockies!

That seems to be a prevailing theme from what I've seen. Well, except for Jtrea...Although he seems less angry today.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That seems to be a prevailing theme from what I've seen. Well, except for Jtrea...Although he seems less angry today.

Yeah I'm using more :rolleyes: 's than :mad: 's. :P I may not be as miffed at him but I still want him off the team. Let him pursue his media opportunities elsewhere...

I must say that I am amazed by your persistence JTrea. Even if I don't agree with you, which I don't, I salute your passion for the issue.

Yep, I don't think the Millar thing was a big deal at all..But JTrea's passion, now that is impressive!!

You've come a long way from Sunday Night!

Well Millar is now in my eyes less of a traitor and more of a sellout. It's clear to me now the only reason he did this stuff was to keep himself in the media spotlight for a job in the media after his career is done.

We don't need sellouts on our team that are just here for media attention. We want people that have pride in the Orioles and want to win for the Orioles and their fans!

By adding to this thread you're equally guilty as those of us who continue to rehash the incident. Tired of reading it? Skip the thread. I'm just sayin'... ;)

Oh I know, I know. I also posted numerous times in the other threads. :P I find it mostly entertaining, and the threads have been remarkably civil, considering the large number of posts involved.

Well Millar is now in my eyes less of a traitor and more of a sellout. It's clear to me now the only reason he did this stuff was to keep himself in the media spotlight for a job in the media after his career is done.

We don't need sellouts on our team that are just here for media attention. We want people that have pride in the Orioles and want to win!

JT, I agree with your viewpoint about as much as I agree that Rosie O' Donnel is a nice looking woman, but I do admire your passion!

That said, if you are looking for someone who has pride in the O's and wants to win, I hate to tell ya, but Kevin Millar matches those qualities.

We don't need sellouts on our team that are just here for media attention. We want people that have pride in the Orioles and want to win for the Orioles and their fans!

Yeah, I guess the real concern should be not with Millar, but with the O's organization's willingness to lend him out for the interests of the media and of other teams. It all comes back to the same old issue: the organization just doesn't care too much about making the fans happy. :(

JT, I agree with your viewpoint about as much as I agree that Rosie O' Donnel is a nice looking woman, but I do admire your passion!

That said, if you are looking for someone who has pride in the O's and wants to win, I hate to tell ya, but Kevin Millar matches those qualities.

I disagree because if he had pride in the Orioles he wouldn't have agreed to read a promo identifying himself with Red Sox Nation. He'd sell out his team for an opportunity for a media career, that's not showing pride in your team by any means.

The damn horse looks more like ground beef it's been whipped so much. Let it get cooked.

Horse-burgers. Hmmm. 'Never thought of that. I certainly never had one (that I know of, anyway).

My daughter and son-in-law have a very annoying beagle. So, I have thought about beagle-burgers. Not to eat, just to cook.

I love dogs. I just don't think beagles are really dogs. I think they're something else. Not sure what, but something else.

Roberts hasn't agreed to do it yet and Mueller is retired.

Mueller is the hitting coach for the Dodgers, who are managed by Grady Little, who clearly wouldn't be invited back to Boston for any reason. I'm fairly certain Millar said Roberts would be there tonight or tomorrow..

Mueller is the hitting coach for the Dodgers, who are managed by Grady Little, who clearly wouldn't be invited back to Boston for any reason. I'm fairly certain Millar said Roberts would be there tonight or tomorrow..

Yazstremski is throwing out the first pitch tonight supposedly. I don't think game 2 has been decided yet...

And throwing out the pitch wasn't as bad as making that promo, that's where the selling out really occured.

Archived