What If MD Doesn't Get Leach?

JohnD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His career record is 2-22. He damn near got fired for being a d-bag last year and getting the school sued. If he takes over as coach they may as well burn down Byrd Stadium because it's going to be obvious they don't want a good football team.

I can't believe ANYONE would even mention his name for the job. 2-22 says all you need to know. Being a season tix holder, I probably wouldn't renew if Locksley was hired. If you think there were empty seats this year, hire Locksley & you'll be able to walk up on game day & get 50 yd line tix.

His career record is 2-22. He damn near got fired for being a dickbag last year and getting the school sued. If he takes over as coach they may as well burn down Byrd Stadium because it's going to be obvious they don't want a good football team.
I can't believe ANYONE would even mention his name for the job. 2-22 says all you need to know. Being a season tix holder, I probably wouldn't renew if Locksley was hired. If you think there were empty seats this year, hire Locksley & you'll be able to walk up on game day & get 50 yd line tix.

I'm pretty sure that's what Auburn fans were saying about their new hire after he went 5-19 at Iowa State. Now Gene Chisik is probably going to win the fictional national championship in a couple weeks.

That's not to defend Locksley, since he obviously has his own baggage outside of his record, but simply to point out that a coach at a bad program isn't definitively a bad coach.

My guess is that he's a high-risk/high-reward choice, with a chance that he'll recruit well and coach well and get people excited, and a chance that he'll go all Bob Wade and leave Byrd Stadium, as John put it, a smoking hole. Edsall is probably the "safe" choice, with Leach floating somewhere in the middle.

You're comparing Chizek and Locksley because you're lazy and just want to find the bright side, not because the two are actually reasonably comparable. But thanks for playing!

As lazy as the guy who can't actually create a legitimate response? C'mon man. Did Locksley kick your dog or something?

Leach will be the guy. So the Locksley discussion is moot. And even if it wasn't the new AD is obviously not locked into people with MD ties or he wouldn't have let Franklin go. He will pick the best available coach that will fill the season tickets and suites so that Basketball isn't the only revenue generating sport. Barring a sudden desire to return to Football by Urban Meyer, Mike Leach is the guy!

Gene Chizik also has one of the greatest college players of all time as his quarterback.

Yes, a player he recruited. And he was able to recruit in part because of Auburn's status, that Iowa State didn't have. Sort of like what one might see in moving from, say, New Mexico to Maryland.

As I said, just because a coach is at a bad program doesn't make them a bad coach.

Leach will be the guy. So the Locksley discussion is moot. And even if it wasn't the new AD is obviously not locked into people with MD ties or he wouldn't have let Franklin go. He will pick the best available coach that will fill the season tickets and suites so that Basketball isn't the only revenue generating sport. Barring a sudden desire to return to Football by Urban Meyer, Mike Leach is the guy!

That's very likely true. But it doesn't make the discussion less important.

Especially if one of the coaches in the discussion is hired in a lesser capacity, as has been suggested.

Lulz at the idea of Urbz in the ACC. It would be like the early days NBA when Wilt was putting up fifty a sixty a night on un-athletic white guys.

Yes, a player he recruited. And he was able to recruit in part because of Auburn's status, that Iowa State didn't have. Sort of like what one might see in moving from, say, New Mexico to Maryland.

As I said, just because a coach is at a bad program doesn't make them a bad coach.

Enh, I mean, I see where you're coming from. Locksley is a good recruiter, but still, what he's shown at New Mexico has been awful. I'm not saying that the guy has no chance of being a good HC, but still, it would be strange to get rid of Frdige for Locksley. Either way, like you said, it's a moot point.

I'm pretty sure that's what Auburn fans were saying about their new hire after he went 5-19 at Iowa State. Now Gene Chisik is probably going to win the fictional national championship in a couple weeks.

Keep believing the garbage that ESPN peddles to you. Boise:hearts::rolleyes:

Lulz at the idea of Urbz in the ACC. It would be like the early days NBA when Wilt was putting up fifty a sixty a night on un-athletic white guys.

Enh, I mean, I see where you're coming from. Locksley is a good recruiter, but still, what he's shown at New Mexico has been awful. I'm not saying that the guy has no chance of being a good HC, but still, it would be strange to get rid of Frdige for Locksley. Either way, like you said, it's a moot point.

Oh sure, I'm not saying he'll be good either. I acknowledged the baggage. I'm just saying the reasoning of mentioning the record is not a good one.

It's like saying Mark Reynolds is going to suck for the Orioles because he couldn't hit .200 in the NL West. The reasoning used is poor, and there are plenty of other things to consider, both positive and negative.

Archived