Rosenthal: O's focus back to Derrek Lee

wildcard

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point...ditto.

Of course...I still can't figure out who the Hell becomes the 2012 target for 1B (pleasefortheloveofsweetbabyJesus(pronounced "hey-Seuss")notFielder).

Ah well...

This is the thing. I'd much rather try to acquire an available young potential future 1B from another team like Kila or even the Mark Hamilton idea sounded pretty good to me.

This is the thing. I'd much rather try to acquire an available young potential future 1B from another team like Kila or even the Mark Hamilton idea sounded pretty good to me.

There's a lot of merit in that (even though I called Hamilton AAAA yesterday...snap judgment, probably unfair...hasty at least). Lee only makes sense, IMO, if there's some sort of "plan" for 2012 in re: filling out 1B. It's funny, I asked Roch in his blog whether he felt that MacPhail had a true "Plan B" after VMart this winter, and Roch didn't understand the question. Nice of him to answer, but I think that speaks volumes about how much local conversations have been focused (or not) on true, long-term solutions (as opposed to merely sorting through the options that were ostensibly available this offseason).

I would have bet big money that Lee would be a Padre if they were to offer him 1/8. I'm shocked he turned that down. Something doesn't add up there.

Could be that it all comes down to the money. Perhaps the O's/Nats are already dangling sweeter offers. Maybe the whole idea of Lee not wanting to come here is overblown?

Archived