Ted Leonsis/Orioles? (UNFOUNDED RUMOR)

lanslaxcj

Has anyone heard a rumor that Ted Leonsis is thinking of purchasing the Baltimore Orioles. Peter Angelos was at the Washington Capitals game a couple of nights ago as Leonsis' personal guest. For those that don't know he owns the Washington Capitals (NHL), Washington Wizards (NBA) and Washington Mystics (WNBA) although I think most people know this.

If this is true, what are your thoughts?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone heard a rumor that Ted Leonsis is thinking of purchasing the Baltimore Orioles. Peter Angelos was at the Washington Capitals game a couple of nights ago as Leonsis' personal guest. For those that don't know he owns the Washington Capitals (NHL), Washington Wizards (NBA) and Washington Mystics (WNBA) although I think most people know this.

Is this being speculated upon by anyone credible sources or just people thinking out loud at the Caps game? For the record, I would be all for it!!

I'm not a NBA or NHL fan, so I've never heard of the guy, but any "rumors" of a new owner for the Orioles is good news to me!

It'd be awesome. I'd love to see it happen. Very fan oriented, fan friendly*...willing to spend money...a complete 180 from the current dictatorship.

*the one exception: http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A50620-2004Jan26&notFound=true Though it'd be cool if it was a Sox/Yanks fan...just sayin..

I thought that you couldn't own 2 teams in 2 different cities, or is that just for MLB and NFL?

If it is possible, I think he would be a great owner! He will do what it takes to make the team relevant again.

Paul Allen owns an NFL team in Seattle, and an NBA team in Portland... not sure if that correlates.

Also, Mark Cuban owns the Dallas Mavs and has inquired about buying multiple MLB teams across the country.

It'd be awesome. I'd love to see it happen. Very fan oriented, fan friendly*...willing to spend money...a complete 180 from the current dictatorship.

*the one exception: http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A50620-2004Jan26&notFound=true Though it'd be cool if it was a Sox/Yanks fan...just sayin..

Ted Leonsis may be fan-friendly and all of that, but he is obviously also a passionate owner.....a passion that Peter Angelos appears to lack.

But, I'm a little leery of Leonsis' "hands-on" approach to solving problems.....;)

Archived