Rumor: D. Lee agrees to 1 year deal with O's pending physical

MatthewW

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've either sealed your fate as a legend or a goat. Good luck.

I would love to have a legit insider type. One that didnt have axes to grind and an undying love of Duquette.

I wish this guy good luck with how it turns out also. If accurate it would be pretty cool.

I'm just too cynical to play along. But it's entertaining. I picture Matt at a bar with a friend who works in some loose media capacity. And talking loudly to be heard over "Funky Cold Medina" he says that the O's signed Lee pending a physical. Matt comes back home after last call and posts on OH....with good intentions but not the utmost certainty. Then an hour later, a kid who's been up late play WOW while sipping on a juice box sees the OH thread and uses it as his his chance to look important and connected on the Sun board by pretending his info is original by adding a vague reference about a stance on pitching. All the while wondering if he should sleep in tomorrow and miss out on Mom's banana pancakes.

But in the internet age, this link appears like secondary confirmation. Let's not kid ourselves. Hope it's true though.....I'd be happy with an offseason of adding Lee, Reynolds, Hardy and another reliever as well as re-signing Koji. Not everything we need, but also not too bad considering what was available.

Very snarky and possibly true.

It was a boring last week or so, so even if it turns out to be a red herring I actually greet this rumor with happiness.

This seems so preposterous that it makes me doubt everything else you've been told.

Ditto for me. However, kudos to MatthewW for accurately titling the thread as a rumor and being clear that this is second hand info at best.

By the way, I dreamed on Wednesday night that there would be news of a Lee signing on Friday. So, I'll reserve some hope here.

Ditto for me. However, kudos to MatthewW for accurately titling the thread as a rumor and being clear that this is second hand info at best.

By the way, I dreamed on Wednesday night that there would be news of a Lee signing on Friday. So, I'll reserve some hope here.

Well there you go. We have confirmation.;)

I would love to have a legit insider type. One that didnt have axes to grind and an undying love of Duquette.

I don't know what posters you are referring to, but bigbird was definitely "legit." Not every tidbit he posted proved out, but his info was confirmed often enough that I'm 100 percent sure he had a source inside the Warehouse. Plus, his posts about his opinions on the team were insightful even if I didn't always agree. I'm still ticked off that snarky comments eventually caused him to stop posting. And the fact that bigbird liked Duquette and came to feel that MacPhail wasn't doing enough doesn't mean he wasn't "legit.". He was one of the best posters on this board and I'm really sorry he's gone.

I don't know what posters you are referring to, but bigbird was definitely "legit." Not every tidbit he posted proved out, but his info was confirmed often enough that I'm 100 percent sure he had a source inside the Warehouse. Plus, his posts about his opinions on the team were insightful even if I didn't always agree. I'm still ticked off that snarky comments eventually caused him to stop posting. And the fact that bigbird liked Duquette and came to feel that MacPhail wasn't doing enough doesn't mean he wasn't "legit.". He was one of the best posters on this board and I'm really sorry he's gone.

Ditto, A big loss for the hangout.

Guest rochester

ditto here

I loved Bigbird's posts as well. I loved the inside info and never got on him when things didn't come true. But it was clear he had an agenda towards the end. Now, that is not a necessarily a bad thing - hell most of us have an "agenda" when we post here to some extent. Some posters need/needed to grow up, but Bigbird could have had some thicker skin as well.

Archived