Rumor: D. Lee agrees to 1 year deal with O's pending physical

MatthewW

I wish I could believe this. But if AM could not sign Tex - who is from Severna Park and represented the savior of the Orioles at the time - I don't have any faith he'll magically sign Fielder. I could be wrong, of course. But I don't see Fielder coming here in free agency. I bet he'll be traded before then and re-up with whoever he's traded to (not the Orioles).

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/baltimore_orioles/index.html

...there could be a few of them next offseason in Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols and Adrian Gonzalez, assuming they don't sign extensions with their current teams.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fielder will be a National next offseason. You can almost book it.

The Nats aren't afraid of pursuing and actually know how to land a Boras client.

I have found it very peculiar that the Nats are throwing around all this money and they don't even own the bulk of MASN. The O's definitely can't get away with crying poor anymore.

This would be uncharacteristic behavior for a Boras client. Not likely. Top contenders for Fielder: Cubs, LADS's Texas, Gnats, O's

Good point on the Boras factor. You and a few others say the Gnats will be thick in the mix for Fielder. This is off-topic, but I cannot figure out why they seem to have so much more money than the Orioles. Is there a tunnel from their front office to the Federal Reserve building? Are they government-funded? What the heck's going on here?

Let me put it this way: If AM is the GM next year, I think you can take the O's off your list of top candidates to sign Fielder. If he's not, then we would have a chance, and that's not knocking AM... I just don't think he has the stomach for that kind of contract.

I have found it very peculiar that the Nats are throwing around all this money and they don't even own the bulk of MASN. The O's definitely can't get away with crying poor anymore.

Lerner is worth around $3,000,000,000.

He can absorb some losses if he wants to. My guess is he wants to spend his way to a winning team and build a fanbase.

I don't know what posters you are referring to, but bigbird was definitely "legit." Not every tidbit he posted proved out, but his info was confirmed often enough that I'm 100 percent sure he had a source inside the Warehouse. Plus, his posts about his opinions on the team were insightful even if I didn't always agree. I'm still ticked off that snarky comments eventually caused him to stop posting. And the fact that bigbird liked Duquette and came to feel that MacPhail wasn't doing enough doesn't mean he wasn't "legit.". He was one of the best posters on this board and I'm really sorry he's gone.

A big DITTO. While the OH is still THE BEST Os site, it hasn't been the same. Bigbird and his tidbits are greatly missed.

Fielder will be a National next offseason. You can almost book it.

The Nats aren't afraid of pursuing and actually know how to land a Boras client.

It's actually a simple procedure: (A) sniff glue for 9 hours, (B) offer Boras' client a contract that's nearly double what the market would otherwise abide, © resist the urge to save Narnia, (D) prepare to not-profit.

Lerner is worth around $3,000,000,000.

He can absorb some losses if he wants to. My guess is he wants to spend his way to a winning team and build a fanbase.

Which is a good point! But I highly doubt there are many owners who spend their own money(money they didn't make via the franchise) to land ballplayers. Most of these owners are making money hand over fist and keep that fact very close to the vest. I'm taking a risk of stepping out of the realm of normality by quoting Jesse Ventura. But he did have a point when he said this when talking about owners claim that they are constantly losing money every year. "These guys(MLB owners) didn't get to the position they are in life by being stupid!"

If memory serves me didn't Angelos score a cool $1 bil off of one settlement with big tobacco?

It's actually a simple procedure: (A) sniff glue for 9 hours, (B) offer Boras' client a contract that's nearly double what the market would otherwise abide, © resist the urge to save Narnia, (D) prepare to not-profit.

LOL, thats great.

Who knows where Fielder will end up theres a ton of possibilities. 100% impossible to predict a year away.

Which is a good point! But I highly doubt there are many owners who spend their own money(money they didn't make via the franchise) to land ballplayers. Most of these owners are making money hand over fist and keep that fact very close to the vest. I'm taking a risk of stepping out of the realm of normality by quoting Jesse Ventura. But he did have a point when he said this when talking about owners claim that they are constantly losing money every year. "These guys(MLB owners) didn't get to the position they are in life by being stupid!"

If memory serves me didn't Angelos score a cool $1 bil off of one settlement with big tobacco?

Angelos is worth (net) about 1.1 to 1.3 billion in current value.

Archived