Orioles Lineup with Derrek Lee

larrytt

Josh Bell may or may not move to 1B this coming season, then he would not be blocked. Or he could come up as a DH.

Reimold could move to DH as well, or maybe even 1B.

You aren't blocking him by making him earn his way back to the majors.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't doubt Reimold can be a meaningful contributor.....I have my doubts about Pie. But those are my personal opinions.

What I don't think is opinion is that many people think both have the potential to be productive ML regulars and I'm not going to give up on them at this stage. And I like that math...we have two high upside possibilities that can lock down the position for years to come. If both fall on their faces in 2011, you change course. Locking both out of a job just makes no sense to me.

Nothing at all funny about my logic.

Key word - potential. Potential doesn't win games. Realizing that potential does. Having Reimold hitting the snot out of the ball at Norfolk is a good thing. It gives you options.

Key word - potential. Potential doesn't win games. Realizing that potential does. Having Reimold hitting the snot out of the ball at Norfolk is a good thing. It gives you options.

I already admitted the reason I'm loitering the OH is because of bronchitis. I think that "snot" comment was personal! :D

Clearly, we have greatly divergent ideas about what we have with Reimold/Pie and some philosophical differences as well. I think AM/BS are more likely to go my route, so I hope I'm right not just for vanity sake.

One of your problems is that you think there can be sure things in baseball. There aren't, not even for the Yankees and the Sux. The Sux last year is a perfect example. Sure it's possible Pie Reimold are pretty much what we saw last season. Not likely IMO, and in the opinion of most here. But it is more than possible that Pie can hit 12 HR next season and Reimold can hit 15 like he did in '09, and that would be as many, if not more, than we would get from Vlad or Thome. Plus both can play in the field. Why not take a chance. Vlad and Thome, not likely to sign with us over Texas and the Twins anyway, are no gaurantees either. Just a lot more expensive.

Here is the lineup I would shoot for:

Roberts 2b - .365 OBP, 27 SB

Reimold LF/DH - .365 OBP, works the count

Markakis RF - 100 RBI, 833 OPS

Lee 1B - 25 HR, 100 RBI, 855 OPS

Scott DH - 550 AB, 30 HR, 86 RBI

Reynolds 3B - 35 HR, 100 RBI

Jones CF - 23 HR, 86 RBI, 800 OPS

Wieters C - .288 average, 340 OBP

Hardy SS - 14 HR, 53 RBI, 324 OBP

Reasoning:

Reimold - His .365 OBP and plate discipline is the best fit for the #2 spot. He will have to prove he can get back to his 2009 form to make this work.

Markakis - There is a better chance that Nick will drive in 100 runs from the #3 spot. If Reimold get on 36.5% of the time the first time through the order that is 56 more runs on base for Nick that he would not have if he hit in the #2 spot.

Lee - Has a higher OPS in the clean up spot then the #3 spot over the last three years.

Jones - will have to prove he has better plate discipline before he moves up in the order.

Hardy - Has averaged a 324 OBP over the last three years. That is not good enough to move to the #2 spot.

Of course these are all projections and how the guys actually play will determine where Buck hits them.

Archived