Zrebiec: O's Agree to Terms w/ Lee

Os84

LaRoche is not a top 10 1B, but he is going to give you 25 HR's a year. i would rather have that for the next 3 years then Lee this year and Ross Gload next year. We'll see what happens net offseason to fill the 1B hole. If they can find a solid guy then this is a fantastic move. I'm not saying I hate this move, but I hope they have a plan for next offseason if they didn't want LaRoche for amulti year deal.

There is a very good chance that LaRoche will not have 75 HRs in 2011 through 2013. The fact that he did it between ages 28 and 30 does not mean that he will do it between ages 31 and 33. In fact, it probably means that he will have fewer.

And unless Zrebiec missed it, I don't think the signing of Lee comes with a long term deal for Ross Gload.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to love the fact that 12 minutes after posting about Lee to the O's, MLB TradeRumors followed with a post titled: "Nats Offer LaRoche Two-Year Deal", and ends with, " LaRoche, 31, has been said to be looking for a three-year deal in the range of $21MM. With the O's seemingly out of the bidding, he may have to settle for less

My guess is that the early post on here that said LaRoche was seeking $14mil/per for 4 years should have read "Washington is offering him $14mil total for two years!

I hope he puts huge numbers up and we make a little noise this year.

I imagine he bats 4th and is great protection for Markakis? Or Markakis hits second and Lee third?

Also with his favorable contract numbers if we are crap next year it doesnt take a huge imagination that he could be dealt for a real nice prospect at the trade deadline. Even more if he is putting up fat numbers because then he would bring the team we trade him to a 1st or 2nd round prospect.

I would think that Markakis will hit 2nd, with Lee 3rd and Scott 4th and Reynold 5th.

There is a very good chance that LaRoche will not have 75 HRs in 2011 through 2013. The fact that he did it between ages 28 and 30 does not mean that he will do it between ages 31 and 33.

And unless Zrebiec missed it, I don't think the signing of Lee comes with a long term deal for Ross Gload.

I know that it doesn't but at this point, the only free agent 1B for next year are Pujols, Gonzalez, Fielder, and Gload. So what I'm saying is that if the O's missed a multi-year deal with LaRoche, and then they also miss one of the big 1B next offseason, then this is a bad deal.

There is a very good chance that LaRoche will not have 75 HRs in 2011 through 2013. The fact that he did it between ages 28 and 30 does not mean that he will do it between ages 31 and 33. In fact, it probably means that he will have fewer.

There is also a very good chance that Lee won't have 25 - 30 hrs that people are project at age 35.

As I stated in a thread before, I think it is a good short term band aid better than that we have normally gotten.

I am more happy that we were able to sign a guy on a one year deal looking to improve their stock for next year. We previously haven't been able to convince those type of players because of the fear of playing in the AL East and on a constantly bad team.

Kudos to AM and Buck. They have done a very good job of doing what they needed to do. Not hitting the home run, but hitting that double that sets up the youngsters to put up or shut up.

The only things you could really complain about with this deal is that we still don't have a long-term option at the position, and that Lee could have a bad year next year given a variety of factors. Outside of that, though, this is a fantastic deal and the best possible option for the Orioles. The revamping of the major's worst infield last season is complete. The work isn't finished, but the three biggest priorities have been taken care of.

LOL. Your a class act Moose!!! A man that will step up to the table and pay the fiddler. Wow. I am just thrilled with what AM has done this off season. Thrilled.

Yeah, I'm pretty giddy. I'd like to see a bullpen arm who doesn't cost us a pick and see if he plans to replace Millwood with a veteran starter...but a completely revamped infield is awesome. Just awesome.

This was my complete wish list. I preferred one year of Lee over VMart, but I saw the reason behind persuing him Vmart. I couldn't be more plaesed. Koji, Lee, Reynolds, and Hardy. Kudos to Andy.:smile11::mwahaha::boogie::2yay-thumb::beerchug1:

I'm right there with you El Gordo. I'm so happy right now.:hearts:

You expect him to improve on his numbers last year? Or would you be happy with the same production?

.260 avg

19 homers/80 rbi

Not to be a jerk or to jump on you here "Harv" but obviously you don't "study". He played the whole year practically with a torn thumb ligament or some deal...I think he can improve on that especially in OUR PARK....of course, I thought Sammy Sosa would hit 40 the year we had him too....whooops.

Archived