Vlad about to fall in the O's lap?

wildcard

I agree and if that's the case, then it might be 1/8-10 for the Orioles, at which point I start to lose interest now that Lee is on board. At this stage, I would rather see the bulk of whatever money remains shoveled into the kitty for pitching seeing how I'm not completely convinced AM has forsaken his cheapskate ways.

You know what? I keep reading this perfectly reasonable position trying to convince myself that I believe it, but I don't. What I really want is to sign Vlad to go with the rest of our revamped lineup so we can light up a weak Yankee pitching staff and wipe the smiles off a few more Red Sox fans at 'Fenway South'.

So I'm confused......your position is what? yes to Vlad?:D

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
True...I'd think moving Pie/Scott would be easier, though I still don't have a very good idea of what they'd actually garner in a trade. Also, tying in what wildcard said...I'd think Reimold can't build much value playing in the minors at this point. IMO, he needs to produce in the majors to significantly boost his value.

I hadn't thought of Vlad potentially being worth a pick, btw.

If Reimold is hitting for a 900 OPS at AAA maybe he gets promoted to the O's and Vlad gets traded. However, if Reimold is really doing that well and he is cheap, I have figure there would be decent market for him.

But what if Reimold plays more like 2009 than 2010?

That's a good problem to have.

Trade Vlad and bring up Reimold at the deadline. Or if he's on the bench - give him the LF job and move Scott back to DH.

Or maybe you move Reimold with other pieces for a bat or arm to push the Orioles into the playoffs.

Depth is never a bad thing.

If Reimold is hitting for a 900 OPS at AAA maybe he gets promoted to the O's and Vlad gets traded. However, if Reimold is really doing that well and he is cheap, I have figure there would be decent market for him.

At age 27...and after last year? I don't know...I can't really claim to know with any degree of certainty how other teams would view him at that point, but I'm skeptical that his market would be all that great.

Likely 1-2 wins more.

Once you get above .500 those 1-2 wins start making a bigger difference

If the core takes a big leap forward, those 1-2 wins could mean the difference between playoffs or not.

I could see 1-2 more wins...I could also see Vlad falling off the table due to age and wear and tear on his body..Plus, he won't have that Texas park to hit in.

I am not against signing him if it is cheap but its more about the idea of low risk/high reward than thinking we are definitely a better team with him than without him.

I could see 1-2 more wins...I could also see Vlad falling off the table due to age and wear and tear on his body..Plus, he won't have that Texas park to hit in.

I am not against signing him if it is cheap but its more about the idea of low risk/high reward than thinking we are definitely a better team with him than without him.

It's a 1 year deal regardless.

And OPACY is pretty friendly for RH power.

Archived