What Will Be The Effect On The Football Program?

olehippi

You can't even begin to be compare running the athletic department at West Point to that of Maryland. It's kind of like making the leap from being the manager at Joe's Auto Parts to becoming CEO of NAPA. And when did Army become a BCS school? If I remember correctly, when Anderson was running the show there he was dead set against it and wanted to keep Army an Independent.

I hope Anderson is a closet AD genius and turns Maryland into a powerhouse, but as I said, my bet is that he's in over his head. We'll see.....

Exaggerating a bit, aren't we?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't even begin to be compare running the athletic department at West Point to that of Maryland. It's kind of like making the leap from being the manager at Joe's Auto Parts to becoming CEO of NAPA. And when did Army become a BCS school? If I remember correctly, when Anderson was running the show there he was dead set against it and wanted to keep Army an Independent.

I hope Anderson is a closet AD genius and turns Maryland into a powerhouse, but as I said, my bet is that he's in over his head. We'll see.....

When did a BCS conference consider inviting Army to join? When was it even rumored?

Anderson also held positions in the athletic departments of Cal, Stanford and Oregon State.

When did a BCS conference consider inviting Army to join? When was it even rumored?

Anderson also held positions in the athletic departments of Cal' date=' Stanford and Oregon State.[/quote']

I was responing to Flosman's post (#43) claiming that Anderson "has been successful building a D1 program in a BCS conference," which is incorrect. Army is an Independent. However, to answer your question....among the myriad of stories about Anderson was one that mentioned that some people wanted the service schools - Navy, Army, Air Force -included in the BCS and that Anderson rejected the idea.

Despite his "credentials," he not only botched Freidgen's firing, but also lied to him, and Maryland fan base in the process. I hope he proves me wrong, but I still think he is the wrong man for the job.

I was responing to Flosman's post (#49) claiming that Anderson "has been successful building a D1 program in a BCS conference," which is incorrect. Army is an Independent. However, to answer your question....among the myriad of stories about Anderson was one that mentioned that some people wanted the service schools - Navy, Army, Air Force -included in the BCS and that Anderson rejected the idea.

I see. Technically, as a member of the MWC, Air Force is part of the BCS. If they were to finish in the Top 8 of the BCS standings, and be the highest ranked non-AQ, they would automatically go to a BCS bowl game. And both Army and Navy could conceivably be eligible to be selected as at-large team, regardless of how unlikely the scenario. Although the fact that both Army and Navy have arranged their own bowl tie-ins might be a hindrance....not sure if they can contractually get out of those games if a BCS bowl extended them an invite. But it is highly unlikely.

As for Kevin Anderson, the biggest fault I can find in what he's done thus far is jumping the gun on saying Friedgen would return. You just never know what can happen in the world of coaching changes, and he put himself in a situation where he had little choice but to go back on what he said. I also personally happen to believe he led fans to believe he was taking the program in a different direction than he has with the Edsall hire....but that depends on how one would interpret what he meant when he said that he made "a business decision."

I'm still taking a wait-and-see approach with both him and Edsall. I'm somewhat skeptical, but still think they both deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Texas Tech is placed on two years probation as a result of Leach's & his assistants actions. Need I say more about why I'm glad we didn't get this scum.

Their coaches sent some text messages when they shouldn't have. Meanwhile, Cam Newton's father tries to sell him to Miss St for $200,000, and nothing. Not saying TT shouldn't be punished, but the NCAA is a complete sham.

Archived