Injuries happen

Frobby

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

The O’s had a .333 winning percentage when he played, and .333 when he didn’t play.    .337 when he started, and .329 when he didn’t start.    Basically, it was a non-factor.    Now, if they’d given Mountcastle his spot at some point, maybe that would have been different.    But I doubt it would have been very significant.   

Okay, we I guess if you're going to use "facts" and stuff then you can't make a compelling argument. ?

13 hours ago, BRobinsonfan said:

One could make a compelling argument that had Chris Davis missed 105 more games due to injuries the O's would have a better won/loss record.  

Davis has been a beacon of health for us. The back breaker was his suspension in 2016. 2014 and 2012, were the only seasons where injuries really affected us.  Markais in 12’ and Machado in 14’. I guess you could say Tillman and Hardy in 16’. 

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Davis has been a beacon of health for us. The back breaker was his suspension in 2016. 2014 and 2012, were the only seasons where injuries really affected us.  Markais in 12’ and Machado in 14’. I guess you could say Tillman and Hardy in 16’. 

Davis’ suspension was in 2014.    Was it really a back breaker?   He was hitting .196 at the time.   

4 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

'14 was the  year of the next man up, Flaherty played very well for Machado, no he wasnt as good, but he was better than anybody could have hoped for. Ubaldo threw some of his better games when Tilly was down, and helped the team stay in the hunt.

4 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

'14 was the  year of the next man up, Flaherty played very well for Machado, no he wasnt as good, but he was better than anybody could have hoped for. Ubaldo threw some of his better games when Tilly was down, and helped the team stay in the hunt.

On Ubaldo/Tillman, you’re mixing up 2014 and 2016.    Tillman missed no starts in 2014.    That was the season we only used 7 starters all year, one of whom was TJ McFarland who started the second game of a doubleheader for his only start.    The team was incredibly healthy that year, despite significant injuries to Wieters and Manny.    

33 minutes ago, Frobby said:

On Ubaldo/Tillman, you’re mixing up 2014 and 2016.    Tillman missed no starts in 2014.    That was the season we only used 7 starters all year, one of whom was TJ McFarland who started the second game of a doubleheader for his only start.    The team was incredibly healthy that year, despite significant injuries to Wieters and Manny.    

Thanks for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...