Personal Information

• Homepage
    http://
  • Favorite Current Oriole
    Cedric Mullins
  • Favorite All Time Oriole
    Brooks Robinson

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

wildcard's Achievements

Hangout Grand Counsel

Hangout Grand Counsel (14/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Very Popular Rare
  • First Post
  • Collaborator

Recent Badges

1. I have to round up my pants. Its getting deep.
  2. I think Stowers development is happening just is time. The O's have 30 games in 31 days coming up. That is the grind. And with Santander, Mullins, Hays, Cowser and Stowers ability to start in the outfield and at DH the O's should be ready to withstand the fouls off the foot, the pains from the dives and hitting the wall every now and then. For me it's not about is there enough playing time. Its with the injuries, bumps and bruises is there enough time to rest.
  3. There doesn't seem to be much discussion about Adley's splits. vs righties. 640 OPS vs lefties 1146 OPS
  4. How is Vavra's arm strength after shoulder surgery?
  5. Either has to go on the 26 and 40 man rosters or be DFA'd.
  6. Brewers did not want to pay Vieira the 500K left on his contract is my guess. O's assume that cost while buying Rodriguez. The O's have seen enough of Stalling to know he was not going to help them in the majors. JMO O's are likely to DFA Vieira and see if he will accept an assignment to AAA.
  7. They are on 102 win pace. I am not really concerned.
  8. Let's not go too crazy about Cowser just yet. He has potential but his May has not been good offensively so far. In 25 games and 58 AB he has a 190/314/259/573. That is right. His slugging pct in May is 259. He has not hit a homer in May. The catch was good last night and timely. But go back and look at it again. He does not sprint to the ball. He didn't have to. The jump and catch were really good but we have seen Mullins make much harder catches. I am not down on Cowser. I just see him as a developing rookie player. Santander has 4 homers and 9 RBI in May. He is on a pace for 24 HR and 81 RBI for the year. And he has not gotten hot yet. His averages are down but his production is in range for a good season. If he gets hot the averages will rise. Hays coming off the injured in May is 286/304/429/733. Not great but the best in the O's outfield in his 21 AB. SSS but I'd rather him have those numbers that not be hitting at all. Showers is in the Kjerstad role which doesn't play much. I think Santander should be playing almost everyday with time off for rest. The other O's outfielders are mix and match which is what Hyde is doing.
  9. O's don't need 4 lefties in the pen. Coulombe, Akin. Perez and Vespi. I think it's Vespi down and Povich up for tomorrow's start. Probably can't find a better team to debut against than the White Sox.
  10. We do have different definitions of extension. Means will be a FA after the season. An extension is any contract the keeps him an Oriole instead of becoming a FA IMO. One year or more. Heck the O's may have extended Coulombe when they gave him an option year for 2025. Its an extension if they pick up the option. If Means goes FA then he signs with the O's that is not an extension. That is signing a new contract.
  11. The O's can release Ort this afternoon. Not every player should stay. I think there is a good chance the Santander, Hays and Mullins go next off season. Urias and McCann will be on the bubble. Could go if there are good replacements. Is that enough change for you? Means is a solid, effective pitcher when healthy. He has been through a long rehab. Hopefully he is close to coming out on the other side of that period. He is not likely to be very expensive like Burnes. IMO he fits with the O's if he can show he can pitch effective in the last two thirds of this season.
  12. It's a negotiation depending on how Means does. The point is that if he has value to the O's they could extend him rather then letting him walk.
  13. You are projecting the rest of the season before it happens. Means may not pitch again this year or he could make up to 18 more starts plus the playoffs. IMO its too early to say the O's would not extend him during the season.
  14. I can see the O's extending Means for a 3M base and incentive for starts and/or innings pitched. An there could be option year(s). Means is pitching at a 2.60ish ERA level when he pitches. That is hard to find. When the O's have a guy like Irvin on the roster that can start or relieve it makes it easier to keep Means.