Huffington Post: MLB's Cocaine Problem

weams

39 minutes ago, weams said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/major-league-baseball-cocaine_us_597b505ae4b02a4ebb75150b

I'm nott sure if this is Oriole relevant, so I may move it shortly.

o

Thanks, Weams.

Cocaine was rampant in the late 70's and early 80's in baseball.

When I saw Ken Burns' baseball documentary, he stated that one of my favorite players (Ron LeFlore) used to slide head-first when stealing bases because he did not want to break that crack vials that he had in his back pocket.

And of course, there was the culmination of that cocaine-riddled era with the famous/infamous Pittsburgh drug trials in 1985 .

o

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Thanks, Weams.

When I saw Ken Burns' baseball documentary, he stated that one of my favorite players (Ron LeFlore) used to slide head-first when stealing bases because he did not want to break that crack vials that he had in his back pocket.

And of course, there was the culmination of that cocaine-riddled era with the famous/infamous Pittsburgh drug trials in 1985 .

o

I thought that story was always about Tim Raines? 

13 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Thanks, Weams.

o

8 minutes ago, NickM21 said:

I thought that story was always about Tim Raines? 

o

My goodness, my photographic memory may have failed me.

LeFlore played for the Expos at the same time, leading the National League with 97 stolen bases in 1980 while Raines was just coming up with the Expos in his 2nd partial MLB season.

Good catch. Have a greenie.

o

27 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

My goodness, my photographic memory may have failed me.

LeFlore played for the Expos at the same time, leading the National League with 97 stolen bases in 1980 while Raines was just coming up with the Expos in his 2nd partial MLB season.

Good catch. Have a greenie.

o

Are you promoting drug use in this thread?  :D

Archived