Mike Wright Destroyed Again

weams

13 hours ago, TheWall said:

Glad he's turning things around. Maybe he can help in the pen. I'm hoping we don't need him in rotation this season.

When he's 40 years old, the O's will decide... "Hey, I got this great idea.  Why don't we try Wright in the bullpen?"  Huzzah! 

55 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

When he's 40 years old, the O's will decide... "Hey, I got this great idea.  Why don't we try Wright in the bullpen?"  Huzzah! 

We made that decision on July 31, 2015.  We released Norris and traded Hunter to the Cubs.  We recalled Givens and Wright to pitch out of the pen.  He was a MLB "reliever" for one inning on Aug 1 2015.  Hurt his calf and was out until mid Sept.  Givens went onto become Givens.  

Orioles recalled RHP Mike Wright from Triple-A Norfolk.

He's taking Tommy Hunter's spot on the roster and will pitch out of the bullpen. Wright holds a 5.16 ERA over 29 2/3 innings for the big club this season.

Fri, Jul 31, 2015 04:51:00 PM

Orioles placed RHP Mike Wright on the 15-day disabled list with a right calf strain.

Wright sustained the injury in Friday's game against the Tigers. He should be ready to return to the O's bullpen in mid-August. Jorge Rondon was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk in a corresponding move.

Sat, Aug 1, 2015 03:33:00 PM

• 3 months later...

I think Wright has had a good season.     His ERA in Baltimore is a bit deceptive; he had a couple of very impressive outings and was less impressive but also unlucky in a couple of others.    It would not surprise me if he made a solid contribution down the stretch.   

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I think Wright has had a good season.     His ERA in Baltimore is a bit deceptive; he had a couple of very impressive outings and was less impressive but also unlucky in a couple of others.    It would not surprise me if he made a solid contribution down the stretch.   

He looked good. I watched a bit on MiLBTV

Archived