Ohio State OF Jr. Zach Hurley

I saw Stotle list Hurley in his list of top available OF's, and wanted to know more about how he is viewed.

I follow OSU baseball closely, and have a site, buckeyenine.blogspot.com dedicated to them. Am good friends with most of the players, as well as Oriole prospect Matt Angle who came from OSU.

With that said I'm pretty familiar with the abilities of the players, and know Hurley was getting looks after his solid season in the GLCSL being named the leagues best prospect. Was noted by Baseball America, and PG Crosschecker.

So far this season throw 14 games for OSU Hurley's #'s

So far this season for Hurley

27-for-65; .415 BA, .508 OBP, .692 SLG, 25 RBI, 3 HR, 3 triples, 3 doubles, 4-4 SB

I don't think there is a reason for O's to be too interested given their outfield, but at what round does he currently project and where would he be good value? The O's selected Jedidiah Stephen in round 8 in 06 and Angle round 7 in 07 so the program should be on the radar somewhat.

I saw Stotle list Hurley in his list of top available OF's, and wanted to know more about how he is viewed.

I follow OSU baseball closely, and have a site, buckeyenine.blogspot.com dedicated to them. Am good friends with most of the players, as well as Oriole prospect Matt Angle who came from OSU.

With that said I'm pretty familiar with the abilities of the players, and know Hurley was getting looks after his solid season in the GLCSL being named the leagues best prospect. Was noted by Baseball America, and PG Crosschecker.

So far this season throw 14 games for OSU Hurley's #'s

So far this season for Hurley

27-for-65; .415 BA, .508 OBP, .692 SLG, 25 RBI, 3 HR, 3 triples, 3 doubles, 4-4 SB

I don't think there is a reason for O's to be too interested given their outfield, but at what round does he currently project and where would he be good value? The O's selected Jedidiah Stephen in round 8 in 06 and Angle round 7 in 07 so the program should be on the radar somewhat.

I really like his bat. Depending on how the season shakes out, I could see him going in the early rounds (maybe 2-4). He could be hurt a bit by his league, but his summer should help his cause.

Archived