Hangout Grand Counsel

Hangout Grand Counsel (14/14)

• Dedicated Rare
  • Reacting Well
  • Conversation Starter
  • Very Popular Rare
  • One Month Later

Recent Badges

1. Would be worth it just to read folks speculate on how it means Elias doesn't think Bassallo can stick at C.
  2. I just wasn't agreeing that it is "pretty wild" they didn't make either list. Mildly interesting.
  3. Sure. But if it's a pitch you can drive you might very well be better off swinging. The goal of most at bats shouldn't be to maximize pitches thrown. If that was a real goal for teams I think you'd see more guys that are really good at fouling off pitches on ML rosters.
  4. I think he made all his money training horses. If I can keep the stories straight.
  5. That's a singular event. You could have had any number of games in which fresh bullpen arms shut a team down but they would have scored on a starter. You can't use a single game as anything more than a data point. *I was at work today and didn't see the game.*
  6. Sounds to me like the emphasis on the sentence is on elevating the pitch count. The walks are the side effect, not the goal. Been a few decades since I've had a proper class in English sentence structure but that's how it scans to me.
  7. It's a snapshot on a random day. Dodgers won 100 games last season, which was the third most in the league.
  8. Somehow I had a feeling you would discount the accomplishments of a female athlete. Of course at no point did I begin to suggest they could compete against males. That has nothing to do with how they were raised with a singular purpose to dominate in a single sport.
  9. If you got a live arm and two pitches you are pretty much ready for bullpen duty. They'd probably do it to HS kids if the value of a starter wasn't so much higher.
  10. Gives the lower level guys a bit of a boost.
  11. I don't think anyone is saying swing at garbage just to swing at garbage. But taking a hittable pitch just to take a pitch just puts you behind in the count. The post I was responding to was talking about raising pitch counts, not getting on base.
  12. Sure, which would mean you shouldn't just blindly try and raise pitch counts. I'm fine with having multiple strategies depends on the matchup. But some people, if you hang out in the game threads you know of whom I speak, treat winning the pitch count battle as being the primary goal of the game. A lot of the time I'd rather face a starter whose dealing with the TTTTOP over a bullpen guy.
  13. Why would you want to do that? Wouldn't you rather face the starter for the third time over a fresh bullpen arm?
  14. Or the Williams sisters, but I doubt he'd mention girls.