2024 Ongoing Lineup Thread

spleen1015

If you would of told me last fall that Mateo and Urias would both be starting on the IF opening day I would not have believed you.

Westburg not starting on the dirt because we don't have a RH DH is really irritating. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, interloper said:

I'm a bit surprised they went with Gunnar at leadoff against the lefty. Not that he's terrible against lefties, just that you have Adley. But I guess they're opting for the speed here. 

Although Mullins batted lead off quite a bit during Spring Training, I would not be surprised if he remains down in the lineup even against RHPs.  We may continue to see Gunnar hold down the leadoff spot until Holliday gets promoted (dropping Gunnar to 3 spot).  Unless Mullins starts hitting like first half 2023 or 2021 reincarnate, I’m not sure he is one of the teams 5 best hitters and therefore lineup construction models would push down in the order to get less ABs (conversely more to the better hitters).

Edited by Say O!

41 minutes ago, RVAOsFan said:

If you would of told me last fall that Mateo and Urias would both be starting on the IF opening day I would not have believed you.

Westburg not starting on the dirt because we don't have a RH DH is really irritating. 

Just wait until Hyde pinch hits for him faster than Ron Washington can raise his right hand to bring in a right handed picther 

2 minutes ago, Orioles0615 said:

Just wait until Hyde pinch hits for him faster than Ron Washington can raise his right hand to bring in a right handed picther 

Yes, the going-in plan is to pinch hit O’Hearn for Westburg as soon as a righty comes in (probably Kemp for Mateo as well).