August Deadline: Do We Do Anything?

Rene88

What say you?

My question is this: if we are sellers (doubtful it seems)-can we get anything of value at this point or is it just too late?

If we are buyers (which I hope we are not): what do we get? Hopefully if we are buyers, It is a piece for next year unlike the Davies deal.

What say you?

My question is this: if we are sellers (doubtful it seems)-can we get anything of value at this point or is it just too late?

If we are buyers (which I hope we are not): what do we get? Hopefully if we are buyers, It is a piece for next year unlike the Davies deal.

The problem I foresee is Chen, Davis, ODay, and Wieters getting claimed, which means you can only work out a deal with that particular team.

And the health of our SP depth makes it difficult to deal Chen at this point. Unless we want Doyle in the rotation, but if we are out of it what the hay.

As for buying, especially a long term piece, you wont get much. DeAza was going to be nontendered by the White Sox.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I'd like to see a bat that can play a corner spot. Maybe a BP guy.

Koji

J.Beimel

Valencia

R.Davis

R.Raburn

NL

M.Byrd

Lind

Krod

Koji still has another year on his contract and just went on DL. Valencia didn't even clear waivers the first time. KRod, been there and done that.

I'd like to see a bat that can play a corner spot. Maybe a BP guy.

Koji

J.Beimel

Valencia

R.Davis

R.Raburn

NL

M.Byrd

Lind

Krod

The problem is if the Orioles get a BP arm then Garcia becomes the long man and Buck will not use him unless in a blowout. I guess they could send out the Lake and go with more men in the pen.

The problem is if the Orioles get a BP arm then Garcia becomes the long man and Buck will not use him unless in a blowout. I guess they could send out the Lake and go with more men in the pen.

I think that happens here soon anyways.

Regardless, this team is on fumes IMO. Their record against good teams is very telling.

Koji still has another year on his contract and just went on DL. Valencia didn't even clear waivers the first time. KRod, been there and done that.

Just saw Koji to the DL. I'm thinking these moves would be made around the end of August. When the picture of who is in or out is clearer, therefore it will be easier for waiver trades. Hopefully we're still in. I don't know why the Brewers held onto Lind, and if we talked to them about Parra we couldn't have just gotten Lind too. They must've overplayed their hand.

Which means you can only work out a deal with that particular team.

Are you sure they don't either have to pass the whole way through, be pulled back and then cannot be traded or allow the waiver claim to go through? Are you sure those are not the three outcomes?

Are you sure they don't either have to pass the whole way through, be pulled back and then cannot be traded or allow the waiver claim to go through? Are you sure those are not the three outcomes?

You ignored the rest of the statement. If they get claimed, a deal can only be worked out with that team. Sure they can be pulled back but you cant take them back off waivers a second time.

You ignored the rest of the statement. If they get claimed, a deal can only be worked out with that team. Sure they can be pulled back but you cant take them back off waivers a second time.

In order to trade them, don't they have to pass through all together? That is what I was asking. I am sure you know that is why I asked.

In order to trade them, don't they have to pass through all together? That is what I was asking. I am sure you know that is why I asked.

If they pass through, they can be traded to anybody. But if they get claimed on waivers, a team can either pull them back, work out a trade with that team, or just let them go to that team.

Archived