Potential Non-Tender Candidates

e16bball

We've all seen the lists of available free agents for this offseason a million times. There are some enticing options out there, but (as usual) the pickins seem a bit slim. With MLBTR's heralded arbitration award predictions recently released [HERE], it has become possible to try to project which players might be non-tendered by their current teams and be added to that existing list of available FAs.

What follows is a list of players I think are possible non-tender candidates that the Orioles might be interested in. I focused mainly on positions where the Orioles seem likely to be looking for help (OF, 1B/DH, SP, RP). I think there's a fair chance one or two of these guys could prove to be next year's classic DD bargain/reclamation veterans.

Included with each player is (1) his current team, (2) his MLBTR projected arbitration salary, and (3) his 2015 fWAR, to help give an idea of how likely his non-tender may be.

OF

Peter Bourjos: $1.8M || -0.5 WAR

Sam Fuld (OAK): $2.0M || 0.1 WAR

Justin Ruggiano (LAD): $2.8M || 0.5 WAR

Michael Saunders (TOR): $2.9M || -0.1 WAR

Mark Trumbo (SEA): $9.1M || 1.1 WAR

1B/DH

Pedro Alvarez (PIT): $8.1M || 0.3 WAR

Chris Carter (HOU): $5.6M || 0.3 WAR

Ike Davis (OAK): $3.8M || -0.4 WAR

Logan Morrison (SEA): $4.1M || -0.2 WAR

Brandon Moss (StL): $7.9M || 0.6 WAR

SP

Jeremy Hellickson (ARI): $6.6M || 0.8 WAR

Mike Minor (ATL): $5.6M || 0.0 WAR

Travis Wood (CHC): $6.4M || 1.3 WAR

RP

Fernando Abad (OAK): $1.5M || 0.7 WAR

Steve Cishek (StL): $7.1M || 0.0 WAR

Louis Coleman (KC): $1.0M || 0.0 WAR

Tim Collins (KC): $1.5M || 0.0 WAR

Ryan Cook (BOS): $1.4M || -0.4 WAR

Aaron Crow (MIA): $2.0M || 0.0 WAR

Neftali Feliz (DET): $5.2M || 0.4 WAR

Jenrry Mejia (NYM): $2.8M || 0.2 WAR

Addison Reed (NYM): $5.7M || 0.9 WAR

Marc Rzepczynski (SD): $3.0M || 0.3 WAR

Great stuff, thanks for posting. Couple intriguing bounce back 1B candidates, especially in terms of lefties. I know we've had a lot of interest in Davis in the past, and a very quick glance indicates most of these guys have good splits vs. righties over their career (Morrison .767 OPS vs RHP, Alvarez .794, Moss .785, and Davis .794). Could be a good heavy platoon pairs for a guy like Pearce or Walker. .

If we don't resign CD and choose to spend that money elsewhere, these are intriguing candidates at 1B. Obviously hinges on them being non-tendered, though. Be a bit surprised if many are.

Great stuff, thanks for posting. Couple intriguing bounce back 1B candidates, especially in terms of lefties. I know we've had a lot of interest in Davis in the past, and a very quick glance indicates most of these guys have good splits vs. righties over their career (Morrison .767 OPS vs RHP, Alvarez .794, Moss .785, and Davis .794). Could be a good heavy platoon pairs for a guy like Pearce or Walker. .

If we don't resign CD and choose to spend that money elsewhere, these are intriguing candidates at 1B. Obviously hinges on them being non-tendered, though. Be a bit surprised if many are.

I agree on the players. I'd like to see Davis resigned and to playing RF for us next year. One of the lefties above and Pearce wouldn't be a bad platoon at 1B. Plus I could see Pearce being the starter in LF for us vs RHP and moving to 1B vs LHP. Pearce and Davis are must resigns. Offensive wise anything after that is extra. Probably needed but we're just a wee little small market team.

Archived