Steve Pearce Appreciation Thread

weams

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I like Steve Pearce as a complementary piece, but Brandon Guyer has to be kind of annoyed by this. They’re the same player.</p>— David Cameron (@DCameronFG) <a href="

">January 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Steve was interviewed after they clinched in 2014. The man had tears as he described his emotions...made references to his underdog career... it was raw and really cool.

Sure wish he had shown-up in the playoff run, but he's one of the reasons they were AL East Champs.

Good guy, would love to have seen him come back for one more season.

I'm very disappointed that it didn't work out that we could keep him. He was one of my favorite players, especially during his incredible 2014. I think DD anticipated he would get a multi-year contract and felt that we'd be better off keeping Reimold instead. Now I'd much rather have Pearce. Best of luck Steve, I hope you continue to hit the snot out of the ball against every team in the AL East (except for us!).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I like Steve Pearce as a complementary piece, but Brandon Guyer has to be kind of annoyed by this. They?re the same player.</p>? David Cameron (@DCameronFG) <a href="
">January 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'd take Guyer for selfish reasons. We went to the same elementary, middle, and high schools. He was a year ahead. I even played against him in baseball and basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived