Get to know Yovani Gallardo

weams

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't be surprised folks if Gallardo is out for the year. It will be a blessing if it happens sad to say. The orioles need to find out what their young starters are made of. Our future depends on it.

It might also allow Gallardo to be as healthy as possible for year two of the contract. If the team can get a decent year from him in 2017 it'll save some face.

So they flushed 22 million dollars and a first round pick to protect there league image

I wonder what the other GM's think about that

laughter around the league?

They had too by that point. It wasn't the ugliest girl at the bar and the bar was closing. Didn't help once again that the talentless horse jockey was once again busting balls with very little fact. Rosenthal won't apologize for his hit peice or admit being wrong 90% of the time but his dribble still hold sway in the MLB. As long as he has a hard on in screwing the Orioles every chance he has Orioles will be put in a corner and make some stupid choices.

They had too by that point. It wasn't the ugliest girl at the bar and the bar was closing. Didn't help once again that the talentless horse jockey was once again busting balls with very little fact. Rosenthal won't apologize for his hit peice or admit being wrong 90% of the time but his dribble still hold sway in the MLB. As long as he has a hard on in screwing the Orioles every chance he has Orioles will be put in a corner and make some stupid choices.

You honestly think Ken Rosenthal affects the decisions made by the Orioles front office?

You honestly think Ken Rosenthal affects the decisions made by the Orioles front office?

No, what I am saying is players and Agents listen to Rosenthal. Writing basically if you aren't wrapped in bubble wrap stay away from the Orioles does have an affect on FA market for Orioles.

No, what I am saying is players and Agents listen to Rosenthal. Writing basically if you aren't wrapped in bubble wrap stay away from the Orioles does have an affect on FA market for Orioles.

I would say it's the other way around - the Orioles' contentious relationship over the years with agents has them filtering things through to Rosenthal. And Heyman, and others.

Chicken/egg I suppose. I liked pretty much every move the team made in the off season - even Kim - but not Gallardo. Just a bad, bad situation all around coupled with the Fowler mess.

The davis signing looks fantastic right now as well as O'day.

I think it's several years too early to evaluate the Davis deal. If he's still producing in year four of the deal, we can say it wasn't so bad. If he's still producing in year five I think we can call it a win, considering the absurd length.

I would say it's the other way around - the Orioles' contentious relationship over the years with agents has them filtering things through to Rosenthal. And Heyman, and others.

Chicken/egg I suppose. I liked pretty much every move the team made in the off season - even Kim - but not Gallardo. Just a bad, bad situation all around coupled with the Fowler mess.

Well rumor I heard from a guy I know who does suits for some cubbies was Fowler and his agent started to back out after Rosenthal's Gallardo article fearing the Orioles would screw him at time of Physical.

Yeah, Ken Rosenthal can just go suck it. The O's doctors were right AGAIN. Too bad we didn't just pull out entirely. I'm 95% sure this is season-ending surgery, and about 70% sure that Gallardo never pitches for us again.

If you had told me before the season that Gonzalez would be cut and Gallardo would go down with a shoulder injury after four starts, I would have said then there is no way that we will contend and we'll probably be a sub-.500 team. I'm struggling for a way to rationalize why that won't be the case now. It's gonna take a miracle performance from the three W's (Wright, Wilson, Worley). Not too likely IMO.

I posted the Gallardo would have season ending surgery and a year of re-hab all nicely paid

for by the O's (shortly after they signed him). The O's medical staff is good, and anyone

that watched him pitch last year knew without an exam that he was injured

If the O's didn't sign him he would have remained un-signed until after June 1.

Nobody was going to lose a draft pick for an obviously injured Gallardo

I posted the Gallardo would have season ending surgery and a year of re-hab all nicely paid

for by the O's (shortly after they signed him). The O's medical staff is good, and anyone

that watched him pitch last year knew without an exam that he was injured

If the O's didn't sign him he would have remained un-signed until after June 1.

Nobody was going to lose a draft pick for an obviously injured Gallardo

What kind of surgery did you say it would be that will fix it. So that we can give you kudos when it turns out you were right again.

Archived