Parker Bridwell

weams

Is there a word to describe this feeling of anguish?  Schadenfreude describes the feeling of glee when another team experiences bad results or a trade partner loses mightily.  When we are overcome with "woe is me" when our team fails to make the right decision, can we call it "webrickicide"?  Just axing....   ;-)

5 hours ago, bobmc said:

Is there a word to describe this feeling of anguish/the opposite of Schadenfreude?  Schadenfreude describes the feeling of glee when another team experiences bad results or a trade partner loses mightily.  When we are overcome with "woe is me" when our team fails to make the right decision, can we call it "webrickicide"?  Just axing ......   ;-)

o

Masochism.

o

5 hours ago, bobmc said:

Is there a word to describe this feeling of anguish/the opposite of Schadenfreude?  Schadenfreude describes the feeling of glee when another team experiences bad results or a trade partner loses mightily.  When we are overcome with "woe is me" when our team fails to make the right decision, can we call it "webrickicide"?  Just axing ......    ;-)

26 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Masochism.

o

8 minutes ago, Enjoy Terror said:

You have to enjoy masochism.

o

Judging the posting habits of some here on the OH whom are often silent when the Orioles are playing well, and then come out of the woodwork to declare how bad they are and how much is wrong with the players and the front office when they are struggling, said posters do appear enjoy it.

o

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Judging the posting habits of some here on the OH whom are often silent when the Orioles are playing well, and then come out of the woodwork to declare how bad they are and how much is wrong with the players and the front office when they are struggling, said posters do appear enjoy it.

o

Are you lobbying for some sort of "Best Fan" award?

5 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Are you lobbying for some sort of "Best Fan" award?

o

What I asserted is not my opinion, it is a fact.

You can easily check the posting history of each and any poster here, and see that that is indeed the function on numerous ones here on the OH.

Also, you can check MY post history, and you can see that I always post when the Orioles win or lose, and I post the Orioles' starting pitchers stats whether they pitch well or they don't ...... and lately, they have almost all pitched horribly.

Nice try.

o

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Also, you can check MY post history, and you can see that I always post when the Orioles win or lose, and I post the Orioles' starting pitchers stats whether they pitch well or they don't ...... and lately, they have almost all pitched horribly.

o

Still lobbying? Maybe we can have a best fan poll. I'm sure you will be the favorite to win. When you do, you can give yourself a well earned pat on the back.

3 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Still lobbying? Maybe we can have a best fan poll. I'm sure you will be the favorite to win. When you do, you can give yourself a well earned pat on the back.

o

Patting myself on the back? Not at all. You antagonized me when I made an assertion in regard to some other posters' seeming enjoyment of the Orioles' futility, and that was part of my (very easy) rebuttal of your snide comment.

The majority of OH posters are here win or lose, and my fandom is no better than their's. There is a small contingent that comes out of the woodwork for the proverbial Oriole funerals, and that was my original point in regard to bob mc's question about the opposite of Schadenfreude. 

Good try again, though. 

o

Archived