What Trades Will the Orioles Make?

weams

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Pheasants said:

Because they won't trade him for a bag of balls.  Verlander might be our best hope only if we are willing to take all of his salary. Then Detroit might ask less.

Why doesn't someone start a poll: Which of these prospects would you be willing to trade for a difference maker like Verlander?

Sisco, Mullins

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Sisco, Mullins, Hess & Trumbo for Verlander. No salary relief for either team

I might let Sisco go because of Wynn, but it would not surprise me if Mullins winds up with the better 10 year career than Hayes.  Hess could be in the rotation in two years.

1 minute ago, DirtyBird said:

We are 2 games out of 2nd Wild Card, not out of AL East with wild card pretty much in hand.

This. I'd be okay with this move if it was a 2014 situation where they had a real shot at a World Series. But we're trying to sneak into the playoffs this year. No point in getting Verlander unless its for nothing. 

8 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Only entertain the idea of verlander if it's a salary dump or they ask for someone like David Hess. The farm system is slowly climbing towards respectable and Verlander is not the guy to ruin that for. 

It is a salary dump. 

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

We are 2 games out of 2nd Wild Card, not 2 games out of AL East with wild card pretty much in hand.

It says 1.5 on my source. 1.5  Second wild card is the same as the first. Except for the fans. 

Archived