2019 Atlanta Braves

OFFNY

The Braves and Nats will continue to be among the best rivalries in baseball.  Braves signed dominant reliever Will Smith - making their entire bullpen better - they can move Melanson and Green to 7th and 8th inning roles - not to mention several other good arms there.  3/39 - a good deal for both sides.  Braves lose their 2nd round pick.  Braves really need to get a catcher - they've re-signed Flowers, but he was bad last season.

• 2 months later...

I'm surprised the Braves signed Ozuna to an $18 million contract.  They did need another body in the OF, but I think spending that kind of money on him is ridiculous - regardless that it's just 1 year.  He's coming off a meh 107 OPS+ season where he played a poor LF and made some key defensive blunders in the NL playoffs.  I think he had the uggliest defensive play of the year - when he climbed the fence readying to make a circus catch - only to then watch as the ball landed on the OF and then bounced over the fence - as he then tumbled to the ground looking like he hurt himself.  Amazingly, he's a 2-time all-star and 1 time gold glover.