Lindor - Why Not?

now

I was looking to put this in the moving to Nashville thread, but maybe that was locked—didn’t see it in the search results.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.letsgotribe.com/platform/amp/2019/11/21/20976560/so-apparently-the-indians-almost-had-a-new-owner

I saw comments from Indians fans on Mlbtraderumors, in a Clevenger thread.

Seems like there is concern about the Dolans being “cash poor” and the new Royals owner who was the one to keep payroll afloat during their WS run.

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, now said:

Good point... unless the trade gives you a chance to negotiate long-term to avoid open-market bidding.

On 12/21/2019 at 11:39 AM, weams said:

It never does though. 

The premise of fhe OP really boils down to this. Is @weams correct that in practice you never get that long-term signing you want as part of a trade pkg.?

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, now said:

The premise of fhe OP really boils down to this. Is @weams correct that in practice you never get that long-term signing you want as part of a trade pkg.?

Seems to be very rare, and I doubt if it has ever happened for a really bad team.  What are you going to sell the guy on?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Number5 said:

Seems to be very rare, and I doubt if it has ever happened for a really bad team.  What are you going to sell the guy on?

Well, if ever there was a "bad team" with a bright future, I'd say the Orioles are well positioned now with the Elias leadership in place and a fast-rising farm.

• Upvote 1