Buck interviewing for Astros job

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

EVERYONE is reporting that this is a done deal. Forgive me if I don't believe some guy named Chandler Rome and his unnamed sources. 

Baker was the right choice in this case. Old school, but easy going. Buck would have been a terrible choice and fit. Bergman (their star player) would have been on his sh*t list before the end of spring training. 

2 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

EVERYONE is reporting that this is a done deal. Forgive me if I don't believe some guy named Chandler Rome and his unnamed sources. 

Baker was the right choice in this case. Old school, but easy going. Buck would have been a terrible choice and fit. Bergman (their star player) would have been on his sh*t list before the end of spring training. 

You're forgiven.  I'm just throwing some information out there for folks.

Personally I think Baker would be a terrible choice for a team in which the players were weaned on applying analytics. 

I would expect a lot of eye rolls and muttered "OK Boomers".

25 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

Why do you say that? Is there some sort of conflict between Buck and Bregman that I'm not aware of?

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Not sure how Buck could handle a prima donna jerk.

Manny+Machado+89th+MLB+Star+Game+Present

Manny was flashy, but I never got the sense that he was much of a talker. And even if he was unless Buck spoke Spanish he probably didn't understand half of what he said. Bregman has one of the worst cases of little man complex I've seen in a baseball player in quite awhile. My main point though was that Baker was a better fit than Buck because he's a much more easy going personality. As we know, Buck has a tendency / track record of eventually wearing out his welcome. 

21 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You're forgiven.  I'm just throwing some information out there for folks.

Personally I think Baker would be a terrible choice for a team in which the players were weaned on applying analytics. 

I would expect a lot of eye rolls and muttered "OK Boomers".

I think the hiring of Baker is really just a bit of a PR spin. They clearly wanted an older manager who would give the appearance of some stability and Baker was the lesser of the two or three evils. I doubt he's with the team for more than two seasons. Just long enough for everyone to forget trashcangate. 

1 minute ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think the hiring of Baker is really just a bit of a PR spin. They clearly wanted an older manager who would give the appearance of some stability and Baker was the lesser of the two or three evils. I doubt he's with the team for more than two seasons. Just long enough for everyone to forget trashcangate. 

It will never be forgotten.