on the draft radar- OF Brett Jackson

one guy to keep an eye on is Cal Bears CF Brett Jackson. He's off to a hot start. He hits left and throws right (I have no idea how this is, but it happens). He's 6'2 and 210 lbs. He's got tremendous speed and scouts think the power will come with time. One scout for Baseball America said, "there aren't many 5 tool guys in the college ranks this year, but he's one..."

He has a hard-nosed aggressive attitude, particularly on the basepaths which reminds some of Kirk Gibson, and an advanced approach at the plate that conjures up J.D. Drew.

He was ranked the 8th best prospect in the Cape Cod League last year.

So far, he's hitting .429 with a slugging percentage of .600, and is 3-4 in steals.

The O's don't need an outfielder, though...

one guy to keep an eye on is Cal Bears CF Brett Jackson. He's off to a hot start. He hits left and throws right (I have no idea how this is, but it happens). He's 6'2 and 210 lbs. He's got tremendous speed and scouts think the power will come with time. One scout for Baseball America said, "there aren't many 5 tool guys in the college ranks this year, but he's one..."

He has a hard-nosed aggressive attitude, particularly on the basepaths which reminds some of Kirk Gibson, and an advanced approach at the plate that conjures up J.D. Drew.

He was ranked the 8th best prospect in the Cape Cod League last year.

So far, he's hitting .429 with a slugging percentage of .600, and is 3-4 in steals.

The O's don't need an outfielder, though...

BPA, my man, B P A!

I have no issue taking an outfielder with our pick if he's the next JD Drew - depth provides options and I think we could use depth through positions in the minors...

Good post, Doc. I like Jackson a lot. I don't see him lasting to 2:5 or climbing to 1:5, so he's probably not going to be an option for BAL. Still, for those of us into amateur ball he'll be a lot of fun to watch this year.

It may be tough to catch him, but check out Wheeler at Sacramento State if you haven't already...

Archived