9th inning comebacks make great theatre, but I'd prefer steady runs throughout the game

7 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Not only that, but the remaining WC teams would also have to play relatively well to catch us.  We're 3.5 games up on KC and 4 up on MIN.  Neither by themselves would be otherworldly comebacks but all 3 would need to play pretty well.

Is it a possibility that we totally collapse and miss the playoffs?  Sure, anything's possible, but it's not likely with this offense.

I will never understand fans who just can't wait to proclaim doom and gloom.  It just doesn't compute in my brain.  But I've learned that everyone needs to fan differently.

Yeah in every game thread if we fall behind there are fans who will declare that the game is over and start talking about it like a loss.

Last night they were right.   The night before they were wrong.   But they do it every game, and it's usually the same people.   I just don't understand going through life like that, always seeing the worst in a situation.   I don't know, maybe it increases the joy for them when we do come back, and that is more important to them then being miserable when a bit of adversity hits.

The lineup as we get towards game 1 of the playoffs could look like this

Holliday - Adley - Gunnar - Santander - Westburg - Cowser - O'Hearn/Jimenez - Mountcastle - Mullins

I think we are going to have a strong chance to win the AL let alone make the playoffs with that lineup