Major money being spent on the draft

Sports Guy

Wow..Nats gave Purke a 4 year Ml deal...Close to the guaranteed dollars Bauer got.

Seems excessive to me. Stotle? RVA? Agree?

I don't know for how much (or if it's old news), but the Pirates managed to get Josh Bell to sign, along with Cole.

Wow..Nats gave Purke a 4 year Ml deal...Close to the guaranteed dollars Bauer got.

Seems excessive to me. Stotle? RVA? Agree?

Would need to see medicals, but worth it even if he's only an 8th inning guy. Has to be healthy, though.

Yea, I agree. Saw your tweet about Swihart.

I liked JBJ.

I see Toronto offered Beede 2.3M and he turned it down.

EDIT: Red Sox also got Barnes for 1.5M.

Sucks for Jays to lose Beede, but Norris/Comer might both be better. Congrats to Birds for ponying up for Delmonico/Bundy/Esposito. They really needed it to avoid falling too much further behind Rays/Yankees/RedSox/Rays.

Baltimore may have ultimately ended up w/better draft haul than Yanks, though have to wait and see what overslots each inked at last second.

Sucks for Jays to lose Beede, but Norris/Comer might both be better. Congrats to Birds for ponying up for Delmonico/Bundy/Esposito. They really needed it to avoid falling too much further behind Rays/Yankees/RedSox/Rays.

Baltimore may have ultimately ended up w/better draft haul than Yanks, though have to wait and see what overslots each inked at last second.

Yea and that's good...but of course, the Yanks can do what they want on the ML scene and will do much more internationally.

As good as it feels that the Orioles did such a good job with these signings, its just disheartening to see what Toronto, TB and Boston did.

Archived