Blue Jays end negotiations for Dan Duquette (Beeston re-signs for 2015 season)

xian4

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Dan's very committed to the Orioles."

Buck Showalter

"Dan has been working very hard and he has been very engaged. Obviously I know much more than I am going to say about all of this. I am proud to work with Dan Duquette."

Buck Showalter

Like I said, I don't question any of that. What I question is his ability to be effective given what happened. Considering he hasn't made any major signings or trades this offseason, I think it's a valid question.

Like I said, I don't question any of that. What I question is his ability to be effective given what happened. Considering he hasn't made any major signings or trades this offseason, I think it's a valid question.

He hadn't made any last year to this point, either, or the year before. If he's not effective we'll know soon enough. I don't see an issue.

You can question his ability to be effective but your criteria for doing so doesn't make much sense. He obviously had offers out to Cruz, Markakis, and Rasmus. Are you suggesting that some of those guys would have been signed without the Toronto mess. Cruz and Markakis happened well before he knew anything about Toronto.

I'm suggesting exactly what I said - that as long as there's no major moves made, it's a valid question. If something major does happen, then maybe my concerns won't have merit.

IMHO - If that's your standard, your concerns have no merit right now.
I'd appreciate it if you'd stop responding to me. I get it that you disagree with me, but that's 3 straight harsh posts directed by you at me, and I wasn't even talking to you.

I'd appreciate it if you'd stop responding to me. I get it that you disagree with me, but that's 3 straight harsh posts directed by you at me, and I wasn't even talking to you.

I won't remember to not respond. Put me on ignore so you don't have to read it.

IMHO - If that's your standard, your concerns have no merit right now.

The Orioles by extension Duquette haven't done diddly to replace Markakis and Cruz. During the process where Toronto was meddling and then negotiating for him nothing happened. I have concerns that thus will spring up again at the end of this season.

Saying a concern has no merit and seeing Duquette make a worthwhile move outside the dumpster diving realm certainly would alleviate some of my lingering concerns. The AAAA moves that have happened the last few days have done nothing to change my mind. As long as Toronto has no long term multiple year solution he likely still has an eye on the job.

Of course that just my HO ;)

The Orioles by extension Duquette haven't done diddly to replace Markakis and Cruz. During the process where Toronto was meddling and then negotiating for him nothing happened. I have concerns that thus will spring up again at the end of this season.

Saying a concern has no merit and seeing Duquette make a worthwhile move outside the dumpster diving realm certainly would alleviate some of my lingering concerns. The AAAA moves that have happened the last few days have done nothing to change my mind. As long as Toronto has no long term multiple year solution he likely still has an eye on the job.

Right, but they weren't planning on making any big moves anyway. The last two years they had done nothing by this time. But, you are entitled to your opinion.

The Orioles payroll is just about where anyone could hope for it to be. Even without spending the eight million dollars left from Cruz.

The Orioles payroll is just about where anyone could hope for it to be. Even without spending the eight million dollars left from Cruz.

But they claim to have had the money to resign both guys. So they have the resources to upgrade. Or was that just another lie?

Archived