Trumbo as the Starting RF

srock

It's the other 81 I'm worried about.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Are 81 of them in parks with huge right fields? Yankee Stadium is small, so is Fenway. So that is three of the parks that the Orioles play the most games in. I am sure we can fins a few more with right fields that work for him. I know Delmon played in Detroit and Nelson in Texas.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No...he's saying Kim is superior to Trumbo when it comes to OF defense. If anyone is going to get replaced in later innings it's going to be Trumbo.

Thank you for interpreting. I get caught up in the short version being unintelligible sometimes.

Are 81 of them in parks with huge right fields? Yankee Stadium is small, so is Fenway. So that is three of the parks that the Orioles play the most games in. I am sure we can fins a few more with right fields that work for him. I know Delmon played in Detroit and Nelson in Texas.

Trumbo did ok in Seattle. I'd rather have Rickard out there versus Trubmo in big outfields

I trust buck, but I'm cautiously optimistic about Trumbo. I'd like to have Rickard out there, but if buck trusts him like he did Cruz, we'll be ok

I think Rickard will play more than Lough had, but it will all hinge on Kim & Reimold, because I think Trumbo is going to be a regular.

I think Reimold is last on the OF totem poll, behind Rickard. Kim won't flop.

I dont think Kim will flop either, but, I am also not sure Reimold ends up on the bottom.

We shall see after a few weeks of the real season has progresses.

o

New Oriole Mark Trumbo has averaged 26.2 home runs over the past five seasons.

But Trumbo believes there are going to be nights when the Orioles can't simply rely on the long-ball.

Mark Trumbo: "Sometimes It's not the Home Run Swing that is Best Suited for the Job"

(By Steve Melewski)

http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/03/mark-trumbo-sometimes-its-not-the-home-run-swing-that-is-best-suited-for-the-job.html

Finally! Someone says it. I didn't think it would be Trumbo, but maybe he should tell the other guys on the team about this wisdom he has. Maybe we'll score more runs instead of leaving them on the bases when the

third out is recorded because all anyone wants to do is hit home runs. Singles aren't sexy, but if it drives in two runs, that's the right play.

Finally! Someone says it. I didn't think it would be Trumbo, but maybe he should tell the other guys on the team about this wisdom he has. Maybe we'll score more runs instead of leaving them on the bases when the

third out is recorded because all anyone wants to do is hit home runs. Singles aren't sexy, but if it drives in two runs, that's the right play.

Of course this is mostly just reporters needing to write and mouths moving up and down and clich?s being recorded. Mark Trumo himself hits singles about four times as often as home runs, and hits into outs on balls in play about three times (actually more like two) as often as he strikes out. The teams that score the most runs via the homer score about as many runs by other methods, the least powerful teams still score a quarter or a third of their runs by home runs. And it's not like you're going to substitute Joey Rickard for Trumbo or Alvarez or Davis in a clutch situation because you know this is just one of those spots where a single is going to win the ballgame.

They're going to let the team they actually have play baseball, nobody's going to change from a slugger to Willie Keeler, and we'll see what happens.

Archived