Get to know Yovani Gallardo

weams

We are 10-4, all teams make mistakes and sign guys they shouldn't and trade guys they shouldn't. I think our reputation is just fine. We aren't here to win a popularity contest, we are here to win the al east

Huh? Aren't you regularly present in every Arrieta thread pining away about what a big mistake they made with him? I mean, I agree, but this post seems like quite the 180. And how is not trading someone for a marginal upgrade or a questionable signing grounds for a gain in popularity?

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, maybe next time they don't sign someone altogether instead of going the bargain basement route on damaged goods.

From a media/pr/player relation situation they were in a no win situation.

But yea, I would have picked the loss that included keeping the draft pick.

How his usage in Texas didn't scare Dan off...

Huh? Aren't you regularly present in every Arrieta thread pining away about what a big mistake they made with him? I mean, I agree, but this post seems like quite the 180. And how is not trading someone for a marginal upgrade or a questionable signing grounds for a gain in popularity?

I simply state my opinion, sometimes that's positive for the O's, sometimes it's not. I've had season tickets for thirty years, I believe that gives me the right to be critical at times

I simply state my opinion, sometimes that's positive for the O's, sometimes it's not. I've had season tickets for thirty years, I believe that gives me the right to be critical at times

I don't think anyone was questioning your negativity. I think they were surprised that you changes some views. As we all do.

I don't think anyone was questioning your negativity. I think they were surprised that you changes some views. As we all do.

Our reputation around baseball and arrieta are two different topics. It seems obvious to me that arrieta was a terrible mistake. The O's should acknowledge it and learn from it so it doesn't happen again. Our overall reputation is fine, we've won a lot of games the last 4 years, baseball is a game of mistakes at all levels. How we react to and learn from our mistakes matters. DD isn't perfect but neither are any of the other gms

Our reputation around baseball and arrieta are two different topics. It seems obvious to me that arrieta was a terrible mistake. The O's should acknowledge it and learn from it so it doesn't happen again. Our overall reputation is fine, we've won a lot of games the last 4 years, baseball is a game of mistakes at all levels. How we react to and learn from our mistakes matters. DD isn't perfect but neither are any of the other gms

I don't think the reputation is fine. I think the O's are at a real disadvantage when it comes to signing free agent pitchers because of the physicals.

I don't blame the O's for holding pitchers to a high standard but I do think it has an impact.

Calling out the organization for their bad mistake over and over and then in the next breath saying everything is peachy seems like a contradiction.

Archived