What Trades Will the Orioles Make?

weams

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

I think folks don't really comprehend what a solid career Werth has had.

I'd go the under that Mullins, Hays and Mountcastle combine for 30 WAR.

Very solid after being waived by several teams.  Not worth his money, but very solid. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, weams said:

It says 1.5 on my source. 1.5  Second wild card is the same as the first. Except for the fans. 

Except 1.5 out of first would mean we are sitting in a wild card spot if the season ended today, and we would control our own destiny.

So, it's not the same.

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

We are 2 games out of 2nd Wild Card, not 2 games out of AL East with wild card pretty much in hand.

They'd have Verlander next year, too. And for 2019. He is the "ace" the team has been looking for. Good guy for Bundy, Gausman and Harvey to learn from.

And if the Orioles do make it to the wild card game, pitching Verlander stamps the team's ticket to the real playoffs. Once you get there, anything can happen.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Except 1.5 out of first would mean we are sitting in a wild card spot if the season ended today, and we would control our own destiny.

So, it's not the same.

It's the same.  If you make the moves to win it. 

20 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Sisco, Mullins, Hess & Trumbo for Verlander. No salary relief for either team

No I don't do that deal. I don't won't to delete the minors for Verlander. Even though he may be a TOR. Anyway I thought the O's were or are on his no trade clause. 

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

Isn't the power what has made Werth an everyday player for many years. Without it, would he have been a top player for the past decade?

Of course he wouldn't have been.

But there is plenty of room for a starting outfielder between fourth outfielder and Werth.

Or you know a catcher, which is where everyone who doesn't post on the OH thinks he will end up.

I think you used Werth as an example simply because he's a failed catcher.  Kinda lazy.

38 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

I'd get Gonzo to strengthen the rotation and then I'd look for a righty outfielder that crushes lefties. Steve Pearce fits the bill. 

Austin Hays is right handed and has a 1.212 OPS against lefties in Bowie.  I think he could be an impact bat down the stretch.  

Archived