Mets waste another great Santana outing..

Fan4Life

Anybody interested in renting a room in Canton?

Just getting the word out there for when my Met-fan roomate kills himself. Although if he made it thought blowing a 7-game lead with two weeks to go in the season, he can probably make it through anything.

Anybody interested in renting a room in Canton?

Just getting the word out there for when my Met-fan roomate kills himself. Although if he made it thought blowing a 7-game lead with two weeks to go in the season, he can probably make it through anything.

Sshsshshssh!! My wife isn't allowed to know what happens in Mets games anymore. She just gets too upset.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Agree that he seems like the ideal guy. Unfortunately, STL is kind of still in the game after we handed them 3 wins on a silver platter. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot. Only 5 games back of the Brewers in the NL Central and 2 games back of the wild card. They have absolutely no reason to trade Helsley right now. Hopefully by the deadline though. 
    • Ryan Helsley from STL got to be the guy. Mason Miller would cost too much. Helsley is under team control through 2025, so we get another year to bridge into Felix coming back. I think he can be had for one blue chip guy and several lower guys.
    • There's an explicit rule for this scenario.  [quote] If interference is called during an Infield Fly, the ball remains alive until it is determined whether the ball is fair or foul. If fair, both the runner who interfered with the fielder and the batter are out. If foul, even if caught, the runner is out and the batter returns to bat.[/quote]
    • Urias just rides the bench. It should be Norby time. If we can trade Urias someplace where he'd get more playing time, that'd be great. Seems like a good guy.
    • Frobby can defend himself, but that was a classic red herring question to divert attention. You said the bull pen had gotten progressively worse this year. He presented facts that showed that was clearly wrong, You came back with "have you stopped beating your wife yet."
    • @wildcard what are the benefits of extending Means beyond this season vs signing an FA pitcher who has proven more reliable/less injury prone? Is it for the purpose of trying to save money? Do you believe in trying to remain as homegrown as possible at all costs/regardless of risk? Is it something else? I'm curious to understand your perspective because you seem to highly value almost all players who wear an Oriole jersey (our minor league players too) to the point that you seem to almost object moving on/allowing them to leave/trading any for players outside of the organization.
    • I just find it borderline bizarre that Elias was apparently ok with rolling into the season with a bullpen full of contact-oriented relievers, none of whom have overwhelming stuff. It's like he was assuming they'd stumble across another Cano or Bautista in the system or on the waiver wire. I'm sure that's not true at all, but... how can you ONLY grab Kimbrel? It just seems like such a huge, obvious oversight. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now