How Come The Brewers Can Make An Offer For Darvish And Not The Orioles?

ORIOLE33

Not saying that Yu Darvish will get us over the hump, but he’d definitely make our starting rotation better. And it’s very frustrating seeing a small market team like Milwaukee at least try to obtain a top of the rotation starter and the O’s just sit there and do absolutely nothing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Not saying that Yu Darvish will get us over the hump, but he’d definitely make our starting rotation better. And it’s very frustrating seeing a small market team like Milwaukee at least try to obtain a top of the rotation starter and the O’s just sit there and do absolutely nothing.

"organizational philosophy"

10 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Disney money helps all the teams, even the little guy. :)

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

That hasn't helped them produce in the post season, 2 trips in 35 years.

I didn't say much better run :)

I like the Crew though, probably my second team after the Orioles arter my time in Wisconsin.  They extended Braun, albeit before things turned sour for him.  Knew when to cut the cord on their first baseman - Fielder - unlike the Orioles with Davis.  Glad to see them at least trying to go for it and making an offer for Yu. 

1 minute ago, Yardball85 said:

I didn't say much better run :)

I like the Crew though, probably my second team after the Orioles arter my time in Wisconsin.  They extended Braun, albeit before things turned sour for him.  Knew when to cut the cord on their first baseman - Fielder - unlike the Orioles with Davis.  Glad to see them at least trying to go for it and making an offer for Yu. 

With a payroll of 57m last year, apparently there is room there. :)

It’s not like the O’s don’t have the money to get Darvish. We’re not talking Kershaw where only a few teams could get him, but we should all in on Darvish, but we’re not.

Darvish, Bundy and Guesman would be a formidable top of the rotation.

11 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

It’s not like the O’s don’t have the money to get Darvish. We’re not talking Kershaw where only a few teams could get him, but we should all in on Darvish, but we’re not.

Darvish, Bundy and Guesman would be a formidable top of the rotation.

Buck has this to say:

As the Orioles check the medicals on multiple free agent starting pitchers, they aren’t counting on anyone from the upper-tier falling into their laps. Yu Darvish, Jake Arrieta, Alex Cobb and Lance Lynn aren’t walking through that door.

“Right now, what they’re asking for, I wouldn’t sign them. That’s just me,” Showalter said.

“You sign those three or four guys, that puts you in the World Series? There’s too many other things going on.”

mmmmmmm

2 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

The Brewers won 86 games last season and missed the playoffs by one game. Unlike the Orioles, Darvish probably would put them over the top. Also, they are not saddled with Chris Davis's $23mm/yr contract. 

We were in it pretty late too. We fell off late, but we were in the thick of the WC until late September.

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

The Brewers won 86 games last season and missed the playoffs by one game. Unlike the Orioles, Darvish probably would put them over the top. Also, they are not saddled with Chris Davis's $23mm/yr contract. 

Possibly.  But Nelson will lose some time at the beginning of the season.  The playoff teams from last season haven't shown signs of regression and SF and StL will be competitive.

Archived