Cashner signing

jcaponio

51 minutes ago, Frobby said:

No doubt the defensive lapses added a lot to his pitch count.   

I agree with you guys but he got the lead in the 4th off the 3 run homer then came in got 2 outs then the wheels fell off. The walks killed him especially to Delmonico.

12 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I agree with you guys but he got the lead in the 4th off the 3 run homer then came in got 2 outs then the wheels fell off. The walks killed him especially to Delmonico.

To his credit, Cashner made no excuses and put the blame squarely on his own shoulders for blowing that lead.   

On 4/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Jim Palmer: ) "In his career as a starter, Andrew Cashner is 38-11 when his team scores 3 or more runs, and is 4-60 when they score 2 runs or less."

Make that 39-11 when his team scores 3 or more runs, now..33 IP  (27 H/BB)

o

On 4/13/2019 at 4:49 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Make that 40-11 when his team scores 3 or more runs, now..33 IP  (27 H/BB)

o

o

Cashner improved to 41-11 for his career when his team scores 3 or more runs ........ Cashner did so by throwing 7 innings of 1-run ball against the White Sox on April 23rd..33 IP  (27 H/BB)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/gamelog/_/id/30134/andrew-cashner

Last night, Cashner got a no-decision in a 7-6 loss to the White Sox ........ largely due to the Orioles' absolutely atrocious defense, the team lost the game ........ and that was the first time this season in which the Orioles did not win a game when the offense scored 3 or more runs for Cashner.

o

o

67% of the outs that Cashner recorded (12 out of 18) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

18 OUTS: ) 7 Groundouts, 5 Strikeout, 3 Lineouts, 2 Poplouts, 1 Flyout

ANDREW BURTON CASHNER ))))))) (vs. RED SOX, 5/08)

IP:ll 6

H:lllll 4 )) (1 Home Run, 3 Singles)

R:lllll 1

BB:lll1

SO:lll5

Pitches: )l 104(61 )Strikes, )43 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 4.25 )l) 42.33 IP  (20 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.370 )l )  42.33 IP  (58 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .253 ))  (42 for 166)

PITCHES BY INNING

15 ll(81 llStrikes, lll71  lBalls)

15 ll(10 llStrikes, lll51 llBalls)

16 ll(10 llStrikes, lll61 llBalls)

23 lll(11 llStrikes, l12 llllBalls)

23 ll(14 llStrikes, lll91 llBalls)

12 ll(8llStrikes, lll41 llBalls)

o

o

I was at the games today (woo hoo), and I thought that Cashner was a little bit unlucky on one of the 2 runs that he allowed ........ Voit hit a solid double into the gap, but even a decent throw by the relay man (Villar) would have gotten the runner at home plate.

78% of the outs that he recorded (14 out of 18) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

18 OUTS: ) 7 Strikeouts, 7 Groundout, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts

ANDREW BURTON CASHNER ))))))) (vs. YANKEES, 5/15) )))))) [GAME TWO]

IP:ll 6

H:lllll 4 )) (1 Home Run, 1 Double,Singles)

R:lllll 2

BB:lll2

SO:lll7

Pitches: )l 92(59 )Strikes, )33 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 4.10 )l) 48.33 IP  (22 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.324 )l )  48.33 IP  (64 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .243 ))  (46 for 189)

PITCHES BY INNING

17 ll(11 llStrikes, lll61  lBalls)

17 lll(71 llStrikes, l10 llllBalls)

14 ll(10 llStrikes, lll41 llBalls)

20 ll(13 llStrikes, lll71 lllBalls)

14 ll(12 llStrikes, lll21 llBalls)

10 ll(6llStrikes, lll41 lllBalls)

o

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Baseball is a game of inches sometimes.

I like that they were in the game the whole time, and that is better than a whipping any day. In spite of the same result in the loss column.

Yeah, they were competitive games and we had our shots.   We really had Germán on the ropes in the 7th inning, but Alberto’s liner was well played by Gardner and then Rickard didn’t take advantage of a very hittable pitch.   

Back to the throw by Villar, it wasn’t off by inches, it was 2-3 feet to the 1B side of home.    A decent throw and the runner is out by five feet.   

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, they were competitive games and we had our shots.   We really had Germán on the ropes in the 7th inning, but Alberto’s liner was well played by Gardner and then Rickard didn’t take advantage of a very hittable pitch.   

Back to the throw by Villar, it wasn’t off by inches, it was 2-3 feet to the 1B side of home.    A decent throw and the runner is out by five feet.   

True, that throw was way off.

Still at the end of the game, it still an inch or two here or there, a miss strike, a miss ball, etc.

13 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He keeps this up maybe a team will be willing to eat a little of his contract to take him on. Won’t get much back.

Maybe we can get some International slots for him. 

Or just keep pitching him, until they have better prospects that can get the job done.

58 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

He keeps this up maybe a team will be willing to eat a little of his contract to take him on. Won’t get much back.

Maybe we can get some International slots for him. 

Do we really need a team to eat much of his contract?  If we trade him in July he'll be owed under $4M to finish the season.  I would much rather see if we could get someone in a team's top 20 than get salary relief. I know looks can be deceiving, but Cashner is not only posting good numbers but he is passing the eye test.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:30 PM, OFFNY said:

o

Jim Palmer: ) "In his career as a starter, Andrew Cashner is 38-11 when his team scores 3 or more runs, and is 4-60 when they score 2 runs or less."

Make that 39-11 when his team scores 3 or more runs, now..33 IP  (27 H/BB)

o

o

Andrew Cashner is now 41-11 when his team scores 3 or more runs, and is 4-61 when they score 2 runs or less.B)

o

1 hour ago, Yardball85 said:

Do we really need a team to eat much of his contract?  If we trade him in July he'll be owed under $4M to finish the season.  I would much rather see if we could get someone in a team's top 20 than get salary relief. I know looks can be deceiving, but Cashner is not only posting good numbers but he is passing the eye test.

I doubt you get much for him. A contender would view him as a number 5 type who is better than what they have. 

I agree about wanting a prospect over money. 

53 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I doubt you get much for him. A contender would view him as a number 5 type who is better than what they have. 

I agree about wanting a prospect over money. 

Except for that season, the Dodgers lost their entire SP staff due to injuries.