Could Tim Melville allow the O's to DFA Mike Wright?

wildcard

14 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Hess, he was 5th round draft.

Manny was 1st round, #3 overall.

Dylan was 1st round, #4

Matusz 1st Round #4 overall.  Played at AAA

Wieters 1st Round #5 overall Played at AAA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I’d rather see Hess go through a normal minor league progression than be rushed, even if he might be  able to outperform Tillman or Wright right now.    

I agree.   IMO rushing Hess is a good way to mess him up.   I'd wait until he figures out AAA before promoting him.

It's not the be all end all whether Hess comes up or not. The question was asked who could come up and my answer was Hess. He's the most ready and he's not going to be "stunted" by coming up. What is he going to learn in AAA that hasn't already learned? Hess is trying to repeat consistency of pitches.

The only question at this point is whether he can get major league hitters out better than Tillman or Wright. Those are not high barriers to jump. Will it turn the Orioles season around? Nope. Is it better to see what they have in Hess rather than keep throwing Tillman and Wright out there. I think so, but it's not a huge issue one way or the other because this team needs to start hitting before they are going to win anyways.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

It's not the be all end all whether Hess comes up or not. The question was asked who could come up and my answer was Hess. He's the most ready and he's not going to be "stunted" by coming up. What is he going to learn in AAA that hasn't already learned? Hess is trying to repeat consistency of pitches.

The only question at this point is whether he can get major league hitters out better than Tillman or Wright. Those are not high barriers to jump. Will it turn the Orioles season around? Nope. Is it better to see what they have in Hess rather than keep throwing Tillman and Wright out there. I think so, but it's not a huge issue one way or the other because this team needs to start hitting before they are going to win anyways.

With all due respect, it doesnt really matter about Tillman or Wright, when your aces of Bundy and Gausman toss good games, and lose for lack of run support.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I agree.   IMO rushing Hess is a good way to mess him up.   I'd wait until he figures out AAA before promoting him.

How in pray tell will he get "messed up" by pitching in the majors vs AAA. He's 25-years old and has 470 minor league innings under his belt. I mean, you can make an argument that Hess is not good enough, heck you can even make an assessment that you you think Tillman and or Wright is better than Hess, but what I completely disagree with is any statement that suggests Hess will be rushed to the majors because he only has three starts in AAA or that somehow he will be "messed up" by the promotion.

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

With all due respect, it doesnt really matter about Tillman or Wright, when your aces of Bundy and Gausman toss good games, and lose for lack of run support.

Hence my multiple statements of this not really being a big deal and how the hitting needs to improve before they are going to win anyways.

12 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I think in some cases, its easier to rush a position player, vice a pitcher.

IMO rushing is rushing.   Santander is being rushed.  There a good reason for it.  Losing him because he is Rule 5. Playing him because  Rasmus is injured and Gentry is not a good hitter.   But I don't think its helping Santander much right now.  It will be better for him to go to the minors on the 13th and have some success.

Archived