The month of May

Diehard_O's_Fan

Well Oriole fans, the month of May can't be any worse than April can it? Even though the Orioles record is terrible, I am still feeling optimistic. Let's celebrate the fact that the month of April is over for the Orioles. I hope we see a bunch of Trum bombs in May and that the Orioles win alot more than eight games.

If the O's can go 18-12 in May - that'd leave them with a 26-32 record. If they have a similar June, let's say 16-11, their record would be 42-43. If they can go 8-5 before the All-Star Break in July, they'd be 50-48.

I think those monthly records are certainly accomplishable. There's a lot of baseball left - and if the O's can make it to the All-Star Break at or slightly above a .500 record, they definitely can put together a solid second half to make a run.

Whether that happens, who knows. A lot of it depends on how Alex Cobb performs in LA Tuesday.

o

The Best and Worst of April for All 30 MLB Teams

(By David Schoenfield)

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/23367780/the-best-worst-april-all-30-mlb-teams

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Prediction: ) 75-87

Record: ) 8-20 )(on pace for 46-116)

The Good: ) Manny Machado has been one of the best players in the league, hitting .361/.448/.676 with nine home runs and more walks than strikeouts. Given the standings, the Orioles might as well start listening to trade offers now.

The Bad: ) Almost everything else. Chris Davis would be hitting his way to the waiver wire if not for all the money owed him. Somebody thought it would be a good idea to give a rotation job to Chris Tillman. Jonathan Schoop and Tim Beckham didn't hit, and then landed on the disabled list with an oblique strain and a groin strain, respectively. Does anybody stretch anymore ???

Schoenfield's Grade: ) F

o

Archived