Will this team draw a million fans?

Dark Helmet

There is no doubt Orioles attendance will be down this year significantly.  This surely means less revenue for the team.

Less revenue means lower operating expenses and a lower team payroll for next season.   This makes a quick turnaround harder.

The proper course of action for the Orioles is to cut payroll where they can now in anticipation of the upcoming leaner years.  The sooner you start a rebuild, the earlier you can compete again.

Why do the Orioles seem to be always late in making the obvious decisions?  Oh yeah, a dysfunctional front office might explain that.

There is a significant PR aspect to how they handle this current mess. 

If they show the fans that have a strong set up in place and do a better job of communicating with the public that will go a long way in  keeping the fans interest. If they blow this the negativity will get much worse. 

They can’t afford to screw this up from a baseball and a business standpoint. Last year their TV ratings went way down but they were still Top 5. They need to rebuild their image. 

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Chris Davis splinter bat. 

They will draw well over a million. Just from giveaways,Yankees and Red Sox and promotions and group sales. They have WJZ Weather Day in a few weeks and that gets all the kids and should be around or over 30,000. 

People would come out to watch a team of 25 strike-three-looking Chris Davis clones if they got a free giveaway with a Maryland flag on it.

49 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

There is a significant PR aspect to how they handle this current mess. 

If they show the fans that have a strong set up in place and do a better job of communicating with the public that will go a long way in  keeping the fans interest. If they blow this the negativity will get much worse. 

They can’t afford to screw this up from a baseball and a business standpoint. Last year their TV ratings went way down but they were still Top 5. They need to rebuild their image. 

I agree because they are so good at communicating things to the general public .? No matter who runs the team same old ,same old. Peter,John,Paul or even Ringo.

I have been trying since Tuesday with MASN and MLB.com to determine on the record if the policy that precluded Baltimore fans from livestreaming the O’s home games has changed this year. Neither would discuss it.

As I did for my reports in April, I reached out this week to MASN and the Orioles for this column, hoping to get an explanation of the TV decision to share with their fans and viewers — as well as a sense of how they are feeling about the decision today. They have yet to respond.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-orioles-masn-tv-20180328-story.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/tv/z-on-tv-blog/bs-fe-zontv-orioles-baseball-masn-20180502-story.html

Archived