How long before this team gives up on the season?

25 Nuggets

Serious question.  We all can see the the team lost it in April.  The deficit is too large.  The team could claw it's way back to .500 but that seems like a best case scenario.  They're not getting to the playoffs.

So... how many more losses do we have to endure before the team looks to 2019?  I'm not talking about the players giving up on the field, or tanking (ie losing games on purpose) - I'm talking about when the front office starts the rebuild.   When is the first move looking towards 2019 going to happen, and what will it be?

At this point, that's what I'm waiting for.  The earlier the team starts planning for 2019 and beyond, the better.   The longer they wait around for some miracle, the worse it will be.   This is something perhaps the front office doesn't understand... nonetheless... I am currently not invested in this team.  When the team starts the rebuild, I will come back to them.  And besides, how can the team do worse by making such moves?  They'll probably do better with a goal to look forward to.

So.... I'm waiting, Orioles.

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Really hope this team isn't looking to 2019.  Need to be looking to 2021. 

Fair enough.  "2019 and beyond".  But the window is obviously closed on the group that we enjoyed the past few years.

I think they will start making a change towards next season and beyond in a few weeks or two.  Maybe not trades as it takes teams to do that but I could see some other moves to see some other guys.  The issue is their isn’t much in the upper minors to take over for guys on the current roster.  If we had a third baseman in AAA I would expect the move to already happen.Rickard will take over in right for Santander, Schoop taking another spot and may see Wynns shortly. Tilman has a few starts left then if he looks bad will be moved off roster.

7 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Serious question.  We all can see the the team lost it in April.  The deficit is too large.  The team could claw it's way back to .500 but that seems like a best case scenario.  They're not getting to the playoffs.

So... how many more losses do we have to endure before the team looks to 2019?  I'm not talking about the players giving up on the field, or tanking (ie losing games on purpose) - I'm talking about when the front office starts the rebuild.   When is the first move looking towards 2019 going to happen, and what will it be?

At this point, that's what I'm waiting for.  The earlier the team starts planning for 2019 and beyond, the better.   The longer they wait around for some miracle, the worse it will be.   This is something perhaps the front office doesn't understand... nonetheless... I am currently not invested in this team.  When the team starts the rebuild, I will come back to them.  And besides, how can the team do worse by making such moves?  They'll probably do better with a goal to look forward to.

So.... I'm waiting, Orioles.

We don't know who's running the day-to-day operations of the organization.(Tony's article will reveal that) Until that's revealed there is no direction for this team. There is no plan. For 2019 or beyond. It's a flat out mess.

Archived