2019 World Series (ASTROS vs. NATIONALS)

OFFNY

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

There are a lot of Astros hitters struggling this postseason. If they don't start hitting soon this series could be over in 5 games. 

Nats lineup is not nearly as deep. Can’t let hitters get on in front of Soto and Rendon. And no offense to Howie Kendrick, I’m not letting Soto beat me. 

Houston is having tough at bats. Aren’t hitting with RISP. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

Nats lineup is not nearly as deep. Can’t let hitters get on in front of Soto and Rendon. And no offense to Howie Kendrick, I’m not letting Soto beat me. 

Houston is having tough at bats. Aren’t hitting with RISP. 

Definitely some bad luck in play for the Astros tonight. They could easily have 6 runs on the board.

And I agree don't let Soto and Rendon beat you. If Kendrick and Zimmerman beat you then tip your hat. 

1 minute ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Definitely some bad luck in play for the Astros tonight. They could easily have 6 runs on the board.

And I agree don't let Soto and Rendon beat you. If Kendrick and Zimmerman beat you then tip your hat. 

I know the Astros are a smart team but the old school fan in me can’t stand a 2-1 breaking ball to Suzuki. Cole is throwing 98-99. Ahead in the count, go ahead. And I know in general you don’t walk someone 1 -3rd but with Soto, I would.

Lot of game left but Nats are playing at a high level.  

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I know the Astros are a smart team but the old school fan in me can’t stand a 2-1 breaking ball to Suzuki. Cole is throwing 98-99. Ahead in the count, go ahead. And I know in general you don’t walk someone 1 -3rd but with Soto, I would.

Lot of game left but Nats are playing at a high level.  

Nats are looking like a team of destiny right now. It's only game one, but the Nats have a look of confidence like they know they are going to win even when they are trailing. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Nats are looking like a team of destiny right now. It's only game one, but the Nats have a look of confidence like they know they are going to win even when they are trailing. 

The middle of their order is carrying them. In a SSS that can happen. Their pitching is so good when their meat of the order is up they are always in the game and in a position to do damage. 

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

The Nats are really a well built team for the postseason. Elite SP and a couple of high level hitters. If those hitters cool they are in trouble but so far they have been money.  

I'm curious to see if the Nats bullpen can keep pitching well. I was waiting for their pen to cost them a series, but so far no major implosion.

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm curious to see if the Nats bullpen can keep pitching well. I was waiting for their pen to cost them a series, but so far no major implosion.

Yep. No doubt. There is a start. 

At least Houston can elevate pitch counts unlike STL.