MLB suspended, Opening Day delayed indefinitely UPDATED

interloper

3 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Dr. Fauci was hilariously wrong calling this a nothingburger on February 19. 

I don't blame him since this was a new thing.

Do you have a link to this?  The first I had heard of Dr. Fauci was early March and he was being criticized for taking it seriously.

18 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Bro, when did I or anyone say things will be back to normal. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

Opening some things back up does not mean normal. It will be a gradual switch.

Ohio right now is discussing a gradual reopening 

https://mobile.twitter.com/wsyx6/status/1250417525378240512

May not be once the month of May hits but during the month a slow roll out

I am going to start the season after some exhibitions on July 4th.. All in Arizona. But all depends on about 100 variables. One time a player  gets sick with the virus and then it shuts down again.  But we are all guessing .

You can't compare different countries. Such an irresponsible fallacy that I can't tell If you are a troll or......

Nobody is saying ending social distancing.  A slow roll out beginning next month is being discussed in many states.

Experts now estimate the death rate between 0.2-0.66 with social distancing, not much higher than the annual flu.

We really don't know the number without much more testing. This virus so far has killed around 28,000 in about a month and probably higher due to not testing people who have died at home  and other places. That is with basically shutting down many places and businesses.  

1 minute ago, orpheus100 said:

And we are also counting deaths that may not have been from the Corona

The so called experts think it is more the other way but unless we do serology testing we may never know. Don't have time right now to test them . That is why most  pandemics have wide death counts, 1918 could be from 1 to 2 million dead. 1957-58 pandemic from 600,000 to 1.1 million.

11 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Most of these deaths are people with underlying conditions/older. What you see with the flu

Very, very few have been healthy individuals.

It can be worse than the flu with it's symptoms

Also at the hospital, the doctors are more scared then the typical flu No vaccine yet of course.People stay in the hospital so much longer on this.Plus the ventilators might be doing more harm then good.

Be interesting to see how many will actually take the new vaccine. In a good year only around 42% take the flu vaccine who could.

1 hour ago, orioles119 said:

Dr. Doom?  The one who said it was "inconvenient" to be unemployed?  Take your pick...

Going down that road is going to get a bit more political, but when it comes to recovering from this disease and the spread of the disease, yes I trust Fauci.

12 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Just the opposite. 

From the NYT 4/14/20.

New York City, already a world epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak, sharply increased its death toll by more than 3,700 victims on Tuesday, after officials said they were now including people who had never tested positive for the virus but were presumed to have died of it.

57 minutes ago, atomic said:

And what is in it for the players.  They say they would only get at most 40 percent of their salary for games played and they will be away from their families for months 

Source? Second time you've said that and I can't find this.  

Golf is starting back up in June with no fans.

I know Golf isn't baseball but you would think MLB could practice some social distancing starting a season.

Hell, you can have them wearing masks If players are up to that.

Gonna be tough on the guys who still chew.

31 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/4787209002

Fauci doesn't want people to worry about coronavirus, the danger of which is "just minuscule." But he does want them to take precautions against the "influenza outbreak, which is having its second wave."

"We have more kids dying of flu this year at this time than in the last decade or more," he said. "At the same time people are worrying about going to a Chinese restaurant. The threat is (we have) a pretty bad influenza season, particularly dangerous for our children."

Fauci offered advice for people who want to protect against the "real and present danger" of seasonal flu, which also would protect against the hypothetical danger of coronavirus.

This is taken out of context with the article.  He is saying that people are afraid to eat at Chinese restaurants, open items from China, citing one woman who went to get tested for receiving a package.  He also stated that rushing for some of these masks, that don't do much good won't help.  And he stated what he and the CDC and everyone has been saying.  WASH YOUR HANDS AND COVER your mouth when you cough or sneeze.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, orpheus100 said:

Yes, this wasn't the doomsday virus that the so called experts and many thought just back in March.  Initially they didn't take it serious enough then they overdid it.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-field-hospital-coronavirus-dismantle 

It's a serious virus but then they went overboard with crazy predictions

I like how you put experts in quotes in your other quote.  Makes you look foolish.  Still looking like death rate above 3 percent. Not sure what you think you know more than experts.

Interview with Manfred doesn’t seem promising for the people who think baseball is starting in June.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/sports/mlb-return-contingent-major-thing-rob-manfred-says