M's sign Branyan

NewMarketSean

Just thought I'd throw this out there since I am their analyst.

Not a huge signing, but it just goes to show you that the M's are focused on rebuilding and aren't going to be in the hunt for any major FA's soon. Branyan looks to be given a chance to win the 1B this year and can play some 3B and OF. Branyan hit 12 HR in 132 AB's with the Brewer's last season before being left off the Brewer's roster with an injury.

Just thought I'd throw this out there since I am their analyst.

Not a huge signing, but it just goes to show you that the M's are focused on rebuilding and aren't going to be in the hunt for any major FA's soon. Branyan looks to be given a chance to win the 1B this year and can play some 3B and OF. Branyan hit 12 HR in 132 AB's with the Brewer's last season before being left off the Brewer's roster with an injury.

He could be a guy that will crush AAA. Kind of like Mcpherson.

Branyan's ISO is outrageous. The guy has crazy raw power. His OBP has been up and down but he always walks at a solid rate or better. Because of his high K rate his BA has fluctuated and, at times, been downright miserable. I would have loved to have seen someone give this guy a starting job at some point over the last 5 years just to see what he could do over the course of a season. He had a shot at being a Carlos Pena breakout type, though he's likely a platoon player at best. It'll be interesting to see what he can do for the M's, but, at age 33, he's probably missed the boat on becoming an impact player.

Archived