Report: Furcal to Braves

Double062

Or sounds like he was using the A's to drive up the price. Either way, Escobar and Kelly Johnson are 2 very desirable middle infielders that are now available. I think Escobar could be a star.

Why would Johnson be on the block?

And without really following them too closely to say for sure, I would take this as a sign that the Peavy to Atlanta talks are back on and that is where Escobar will end up. Including him was one of the earlier stumbling blocks, I believe.

Why would Johnson be on the block?

And without really following them too closely to say for sure, I would take this as a sign that the Peavy to Atlanta talks are back on and that is where Escobar will end up. Including him was one of the earlier stumbling blocks, I believe.

Because they can put Furcal at 2B, and they still have Prado.

From what I read, it was the choice of prospects to go with Escobar that was the stumbling block in the Peavy talks. It was kind of surprising that they would include Flowers in a trade for Vasquez but not for Peavy. The article I read also said that the Braves wouldn't include Morton - which seemed odd to me. I'd let em have Morton. Just don't let em have Hanson. But yeah, I would think the Peavy to the Braves talks start up again.

It's good to have Furcal back... if he stays healthy.

The LA Times

First, he walks away from the only 4 year deal on the table and now (according to MLBTraderumors) he ignored a 'gentlemen's agreement' to try and get the Dodgers to up their offer.

Does this guy just not want a starting job in '09? :confused:

Nope. First he turned down an incentive laden offer that could have been worth as much as 30m over two years, then came the A's. This guy is working backwards.

Archived