Teixeira watch part IX....The final stages?

Sports Guy

Guys...

How can you sit here and say that they're cheap when MacPhail has come out publicly and said that the offer is flexible?

You're speaking as if this thing is over and done with already.

Let's let it play out before we call them cheap. If they were THAT cheap, they wouldn't be in on this thing.

I was basing that more off of history than anything, which is hard to argue. I'd love to see them up their offer, and I still think there is a good chance they do and we get him.

Hell of a game tonight, Hank. Those two runs at the end really sealed the deal in what was looking to be another down to the last second game.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was basing that more off of history than anything, which is hard to argue. I'd love to see them up their offer, and I still think there is a good chance they do and we get him.

Hell of a game tonight, Hank. Those two runs at the end really sealed the deal in what was looking to be another down to the last second game.

What "history"?

The top offer we ended up having for Guerrero? The top offer we ended up having for Konerko?

The only one I can think of is Delgado, but that's still two-against-one.

Ya know, I only saw about 10 or 15 minutes of it. Certainly nice to see that we control our own destiny. I've never seen Le'Ron McClain's chunky @ss move so quickly in the 2 years we've had him...

By the way, we're offering the most money per season according to Roch.

Stupid cheap Orioles!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Those reports are based on the fact that MacPhail gave the media one number to work with, and since then may have upped that offer considerably. There's no reason to think the O's wouldn't have upped that offer. In fact, they would probably be out of it right now if they haven't upped it. Just MO. Have faith that Tex will be an O... we know nothing, and reports are just media speculation at best right now.

welcome back Dan-O! What have you been up to?

What "history"?

The top offer we ended up having for Guerrero? The top offer we ended up having for Konerko?

I'll raise you Mussina and Palmeiro to make it 3-2, and I'll throw in our history of opening up with a lowball offer to add some thought. Even the Markakis situation this offseason suggests cheap.

By the way...hows that underwear situation? :laughlol:

You can choose to believe whatever you like.

But consider the agent in this situation. Nobody has any idea what's going on, and we have no idea what our offer is. All we have is media speculation, which isn't worth the three pennies I have on my desk.

Well said, Boras will have a conference call going on his cell phone telling all the other GM's that Tex is at the table signing offer a) for ______ amount of money. He will play this game until the the little cursive a is made on the paper.

The media is his weapon of choice, so if you think you are going to find anything really informative in it, you are going to be sadly mistaken.

Ya know, I only saw about 10 or 15 minutes of it. Certainly nice to see that we control our own destiny. I've never seen Le'Ron McClain's chunky @ss move so quickly in the 2 years we've had him...

By the way, we're offering the most money per season according to Roch.

Stupid cheap Orioles!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Money means nothing, its all about the years or something like that. :eek::scratchchinhmm::laughlol:

I'll half retract my opinion on cheap, but I stand by our history of lowballing in negotiations.

I think Le'Ron moves fairly well for being 260 lbs. Any idea what his 40 time is?

I disagree. Paying for big money pitchers is the worse mistake a team can make. Spend money on hitters as they are more reliable. Pitchers get hurt, giving a pitcher anything more than $12 Million per is insane. Develop your own pitching through the draft. Did anyone really think that Loewen was going to be anything better than an average #3 starter. That was his ceiling, but we made the guy look like a savior. Give me Penn, Patton, Arrieta, Tillman, Matusz, Spoone, Erbe, Hernandez, and Bergenson. I will gladly find 3 starters out of that group. Teams do not need an ace as it is an over rated concept. If 5 pitchers win 16 games you have a good staff. Guthrie is an average #2 starter and an above average #3. When healthy Sheets is an average #1 and an above average #2. Tillman and Matusz project as above average #2's. Arrieta is tabed as a solid #3 or an above average #4. I will take those 5 and call it a day. Why give big money to Looper, Byrd, Uehera, Kawakami, etc?

People say we need pitching, but who wuld you sign, how much would you give them, and for how long?

Are you serious? Did you see him pitch at the World Baseball Classic? He looked like an ace by far. How you could sit here and infer otherwise is beyond me. He had the looks of a #1, at WORST a #2. At the time the thoughts of him and Bedard going back to back was sick.

Let's not play Hindsight King and pretend his ceiling was that low. That's just aggravating. He was a disappointment yes, but the potential was there and injuries just did him in.

What "history"?

Also, they wouldn't accept my offer to play for minor league minimum. How cheap can you get? :D

Money means nothing, its all about the years or something like that. :eek::scratchchinhmm::laughlol:

I'll half retract my opinion on cheap, but I stand by our history of lowballing in negotiations.

I think Le'Ron moves fairly well for being 260 lbs. Any idea what his 40 time is?

I think MacPhail knows Teixeira is important to this organization. If you listen to the comments he has made, he doesn't want to go to spring training without him.

I have no idea what McClain's 40 time is, but you can bet the mortgage it'd be faster with a pile of donuts at the finish line.

I kid... 33's a trip. You should hear he and Troy Smith go at it in the locker room.

Dude, the FG fake was amazing... I've been waiting to see one for years.

Actually, I DID manage to see that. I think that was an easy call for Harbaugh given how Dallas was stacking the right side of the line. I was just teasing Sam Koch last week about running a fake - the dude can throw the ball like 65 yards. He's got a great arm. Apparently, he can find a hole pretty well, too.

Actually, I DID manage to see that. I think that was an easy call for Harbaugh given how Dallas was stacking the right side of the line. I was just teasing Sam Koch last week about running a fake - the dude can throw the ball like 65 yards. He's got a great arm. Apparently, he can find a hole pretty well, too.

Impressive, considering you don't expect that kind of stuff out of punters. I really hope the Ravens make Koch a career Raven. He's a big asset.

Are you serious? Did you see him pitch at the World Baseball Classic? He looked like an ace by far. How you could sit here and infer otherwise is beyond me. He had the looks of a #1, at WORST a #2. At the time the thoughts of him and Bedard going back to back was sick.

Let's not play Hindsight King and pretend his ceiling was that low. That's just aggravating. He was a disappointment yes, but the potential was there and injuries just did him in.

Sickels 2006 grade for Adam Loewen -B, same as Garrett Olson, Jim Johnson, and Brandon Erbe.

I never pegged Loewen as an ace. I always thought he was a #3 pitcher and if he stayed healthy I would have projected him as a #3. Maybe he refines some things and becomes a two. Would you rather have Guthrie or Loewen? Guthrie is a #3 on a good rotation and Loewen maybe as good as him. I would grade them as equals.

I think MacPhail knows Teixeira is important to this organization. If you listen to the comments he has made, he doesn't want to go to spring training without him.

I have no idea what McClain's 40 time is, but you can bet the mortgage it'd be faster with a pile of donuts at the finish line.

I kid... 33's a trip. You should hear he and Troy Smith go at it in the locker room.

He runs a 4.6 at 265 lbs.! That is moving!!!

Archived