Wells starting tonight

eddie83

3 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

15 for pitcher I believe. 

It’s that’s the case, that’s why they won’t do it. That means he’s not back until Sept 15.

The only reason they would do that is if they want him to go to the minors and throw a few innings on Monday and then then start on Thursday.

Its possible that the team won’t want to throw him right back out there.  Could be a little weak from the sickness.

Edited by Sports Guy

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

15 for pitcher I believe. 

Ok then if it's 15 days for pitchers, I understand why the team is holding off on putting Lyles on the IL. Luckily the rosters are expanded, but this is placing a strain on the pitching staff.

Orioles really need Tyler Wells to go six innings tonight after the past two days worth of games even with a rest day tomorrow. 

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Ok then if it's 15 days for pitchers, I understand why the team is holding off on putting Lyles on the IL. Luckily the rosters are expanded, but this is placing a strain on the pitching staff.

Orioles really need Tyler Wells to go six innings tonight after the past two days worth of games even with a rest day tomorrow. 

Keep in mind off days next Monday and Thursday plus tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

If I had my choice I would hope they can skip Watkins in Toronto next week. Depends on Lyles. Not that you assume a win but they could throw Lyles vs Nats. potentially. 

I'd prefer they skip Spenser Watkins turn in the rotation for the remainder of the season or until the O's are eliminated from the wildcard race. 

Edited by OsFanSinceThe80s
spelling
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Yep.  Makes sense.  This is perhaps a desperate move by the team but it’s their way of saying we are trying to get 2-4 innings from a fresh arm.

Could be rusty and get hit hard or could be a brilliant decision.

Regardless of the outcome, I think it’s the right decision especially after what they did yesterday with the pen.

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

There you go. He is done for 15 days unless they have an injury. 

Leads me to believe they think Lyles can go this weekend. 

THIS. Hopefully Wells-Kremer works tonight, then the off day, Voth, Lyles, Bradish this weekend vs Sux. The off day. Then Wells/Kremer for the two vs Nats on normal rest.

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yea but I’m guess they want to ride their better guys, which Lyles is one of, as much as possible. 

So, the sooner he pitches, the quicker he gets back out and the more starts he makes.

He could be a weapon next weekend vs Jays as well potentially. Have to see how this plays out. 

They need to take advantage of these off days. Last 20 games no days off. Starting Friday Sept 16-Oct 5.