Is Angelos' family legal issue close to resolution?

SteveA

42 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

As I read it, on p. 39 it says that Georgia signed the two amendments using power of attorney while Peter was incapacitated but questions her authority to do that. The amendments give her the power to disinherit Lou and remove a trustee (I assume Lou) as MLB control agent.

I started to say something about that in my already-too-long post but deleted it. What those amendments to Peter's irrevocable trust did, and whether they are void, raise a lot of questions, many of which I can't answer because I haven't seen the documents, Because I don't know whether what Lou's complaint says is true, and because there probably are some legal issues about powers of attorney that I don't know the answers to. The purpose of my post was to correct my error about Peter's use of an irrevocable trust to hold his assets, and I tried to limit it to that.

Since you mentioned it, though, the validity of the amendments may be a close issue, and it may be legally complex. There may need to be a trial someday to resolve those issues. But I don't think that dispute (or its outcome) would have much if any impact on the Orioles, except that the clownish behavior of these two boys -- and they certainly look increasingly like little boys, not men -- might  induce MLB to insist that the sale process be expedited.