Orioles vs. Rays 4/10/09 Game 1

Mooreisbetter27

Great win. Tomorrows game is more winnable than Sundays, so lets win tomorrow and worry about Sunday when it gets here.

It was brought up in the main Orioles board about lossing the last game of the series. In all reality, if we can take the series, I could care less where the loss comes.

Looking foraward to a great performance from Guts tomorrow.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quick game too. Not like those marathons with MFY.

I think a marathon is ok as long as we have provided its reason. Stretching out the game is going to be a key factor in winning this division over the next few years. I am glad DT and company have caught on and put a lot of focus on working the counts and taking as much time as possible to create the best outcome offensivily.

Great win tonight!

Little dicey there in the late innings. Love how Sherrill battled back after giving up that HR. Hendrickson looked decent as well. Still slightly concerned about our base running, bunting, and bullpen.

As that old O's TV ad goes, from first pitch to last out, I never really had a doubt. :laughlol:

The dinger didn't faze him and he struck out the side. He's got the nards for a closer at least.

So far this year, our starters have kept us in the game while our pen has given us "two pack" games. Just the opposite of what we were anticipating.

It was 22,866.

Thanks, seems about right. Student Night helps out a lot I think.

Quick story--- Navarro's HR was greeted with a lot of boos. I was right there sitting in LF. The guy who caught it got a rousing boo because he didn't throw it back.

We Baltimore fans are getting rowdier and rowdier. Just wait til playoff time. :D

I didn't get to read through this whole thread, so someone else probably mentioned this as well, but I was incredibly impressed with Baez's performance tonight. He was totally lights out. Hendrickson was good, Johnson and Sherril made me a bit nervous, but Baez was excellent. I wasn't impressed with him last year, but he may have found a nice niche as a setup man.

Eh... we got crummy seats. Real high up. Had to see a college kid puking his guts up a half an inning in till we left to find different seats... eventually found ourselves down alone the third base line. Had beer thrown on the girl next to me that splattered on me. Interesting night.

But my GF and I are now 4-0. So that's good. Seriously though, who pukes in the 2nd inning? College kids kill me.

Archived